Traction What are you tips for removing a stuck tractor?

/ What are you tips for removing a stuck tractor? #21  
I suddenly sank :eek: after running over the same ground several times while clearing it for the chicken palace. Was pretty surprised. After a bit of thought and even more surprising not getting bent out of shape I used the backhoe to lift the back end so I could put some pieces of lumber under the tires. Dug out the front a bit with a shovel and put some board in front of the front wheels for them to run up on. Turned out well, no cussing :shocked: or anything. :)

Attachments

• StuckMilling 001.jpg
    StuckMilling 001.jpg
    151.5 KB · Views: 409
  • StuckMilling 004.jpg
    StuckMilling 004.jpg
    158.1 KB · Views: 356
   / What are you tips for removing a stuck tractor? #22  
I've been stuck a number of times in a truck on ice, particularly after parking at truck stops. The drive tires would melt just enough to get stuck. You wouldn't know it by looking at the tires that you were screwed. Fortunately there'd always someone to give me a tug.

I pulled a belly dump for a dozen years so I learned what it took to get a truck stuck and what a truck could do to not get stuck. Not so much with tractors. I just don't go where I think I might get my tractor stuck.

/ What are you tips for removing a stuck tractor? #23  
For what I saw in the pic, should have raised the deck as soon as there were issues. Don't dig your self in as it only means you have to get back up before you can move again.

/ What are you tips for removing a stuck tractor? #24  
Buried my L3750 all of the way to the front and rear axles. Tried digging out the tire tracks and filling with rock then pushing myself out with the bucket. None of that worked. Called the tow truck. He got me going then he got stuck several times and I had to pull him out once I got my tractor on solid ground. Still was charged $200. The tow truck driver was having a grand time though.

You should have charged the tow truck driver $225 :thumbsup:
Bill

/ What are you tips for removing a stuck tractor? #25  
Not a tractor story, but the worst time I ever got stuck, I was 17, and high centered my old Chevy BelAir on a dirt road. What was bad about it was that I was with my girlfriend, and had to call my dad to pull me out.

/ What are you tips for removing a stuck tractor? #26  
It could have been worse...what if you had to call HER dad!!

/ What are you tips for removing a stuck tractor? #28  
Many,many moons ago we were taking decoys out to a goose pit with my father's station wagon. He followed his own tracks in and out a couple of times. On the 3rd trip he tried a new path and sunk it down to the axles. No amount of pushing or shoving would work. One of the guys goes and gets the farmer. He comes out with an 1100 Massey, throws a logging chain under the station wagon and litterly rips the vehicle out of the mud. When it came out it was bouncing on the suspension.
So on the way home my Dad is complaining that the the car isn't tracking right. When we get home he has it checked out and finds that ole Massey had bent the frame on the car.

/ What are you tips for removing a stuck tractor? #29  
Winch, haven't been without one since 1977..........

107237d1217285167-definition-4-wheel-drive-pict0008.jpg

107238d1217285167-definition-4-wheel-drive-pict0009.jpg

I've been that deep and then some. Nasty feeling when the front end just sort of drops and bellies out.

Chains, straps, come-along and about a gallon of sweat usually gets it out.