Traction What are you tips for removing a stuck tractor?

/ What are you tips for removing a stuck tractor? #12  
Buried my L3750 all of the way to the front and rear axles. Tried digging out the tire tracks and filling with rock then pushing myself out with the bucket. None of that worked. Called the tow truck. He got me going then he got stuck several times and I had to pull him out once I got my tractor on solid ground. Still was charged $200. The tow truck driver was having a grand time though.

/ What are you tips for removing a stuck tractor? #13  
There's always good ways to get yourself stuck, and everytime it's diff. for everyone's situation, some say they can get unstuck everytime but they don't tell you the times the didn't get out on their own. getting help from someone is always appriciated. The only tool I use now is to not get myself into trouble to begin with.
Every time I have got myself stuck, I had the ol' brush hog on the back, and when the front gets to the ground and it's raised all the way up. Buddy your stuck. therefore I just don't get myself to that point.
David

/ What are you tips for removing a stuck tractor? #14  
Best way to not get stuck is to keep moving.

:)

Bruce

/ What are you tips for removing a stuck tractor? #15  
Best way to not get stuck is to keep moving.

:)

Bruce

With all the wisdom, experiences, gadgets, climbing and mud diving,,,I like this one the best :laughing:

With all my years of Backhoe operating, cat operating and tractor operation, I consider as long as iam moving, I am not stuck, that being said, this includes 1/2 inch as well as 1/2 a football field, I have never needed aditional equipment or logs chained to the rims, did need to raise the front of the cat once with blade and fill under tracks several times till it had enough lift---it was kinda funny all high centered,,,,i found it that way--dad was playin the day before and decided to quite for the night----i found out why:drink:

/ What are you tips for removing a stuck tractor? #16  
We used Rambler's method about 25 years ago, to pull out buddy of mines D6 Cat, out of another buddy of mines pond. The pond had been drained in the spring, and after they ran crops in the fall, we decided it had dried enough to push out, and enlarge. The muck in the bottom was deeper than we anticipated, and once he broke through the top 2' of dired matter, the 6 went to it's belly.

Pulled it out with a '36 model John Deere A, and my '79, 3/4 GMC 4wd. Chained the A to the 6, and the A to my GMC. We had a 5/8" chain between the A, and the 6. We'd get 3 links in the chain at a time. Took us 2 1/2 hours to get the ole' girl out, but we did it...!! Wish we would have gotten pictures...

As my buddy Hedgie used to say... "Half the fun of getting stuck, is getting them back out..."

/ What are you tips for removing a stuck tractor? #17  
[With all my years of Backhoe operating, cat operating and tractor operation, I consider as long as iam moving, I am not stuck, that being said, this includes 1/2 inch as well as 1/2 a football field, I have never needed aditional equipment or logs chained to the rims, did need to raise the front of the cat once with blade and fill under tracks several times till it had enough lift---it was kinda funny all high centered,,,,i found it that way--dad was playin the day before and decided to quite for the night----i found out why:drink:[/QUOTE]

Keep operating, and eventually you may very well get one really stuck. Guess I had my share over the years... Most times, it was in the eastern part of the state, where strip mines are abundant, and get stuck in sediment from them downstream, or in a bottom field, with many feet of sediment washed in. After a couple times doing this being the "FNG", I got a little gun shy... One of the senior operators told me... " If you are afraid of getting stuck, don't even bother unloading off the Lo-boy"

All of our dozers had winches, and all had at least 100' of cable. And hopefully, that would be enough to hook on to something solid enough to pull you back out if needed... More then several times, we went ahead, and hooked to a suitable anchor, to work a stream channel.

/ What are you tips for removing a stuck tractor? #18  
Winch, haven't been without one since 1977..........

107237d1217285167-definition-4-wheel-drive-pict0008.jpg

107238d1217285167-definition-4-wheel-drive-pict0009.jpg

107239d1217285167-definition-4-wheel-drive-pict0010.jpg

/ What are you tips for removing a stuck tractor? #19  
I do some work in our peat bog and after getting stuck a number of times I decided to buy a winch. I found a great deal on a Mile Marker hydraulic winch and mounted that to a cradle that fits into a Reese hitch. I am able to mount the winch to my drawbar for pulling in reverse and I just had something fabbed for the front of my tractor that bolts into the holes where the front weight support would get mounted so I will now be able to pull forward as well. Now that I've got the appropriate gear, I suppose Murphy's Law will kick in and I won't get stuck any more! :D

/ What are you tips for removing a stuck tractor? #20  
Once, when I was stuck with my BX, I couldnt backup by crabbing, since I got pushed sideways down a hill near a tree. :eek: . I ended up taking a taking a chain and anchor to a tree up high as I can reach on a tree and used the FEL and curling down with FEL pushing down on the chain and the curling tighten/shorten the chain. Got myself out this way. :thumbsup: