WHAT DID YOU DO TODAY ?

/ WHAT DID YOU DO TODAY ? #571  
I also re-arranged some stuff in the Barn so when the weather turns and I need to put the tractor back in it will all fit better.

Be well all.
David

/ WHAT DID YOU DO TODAY ? #572  
I also re-arranged some stuff in the Barn so when the weather turns and I need to put the tractor back in it will all fit better.

Be well all.
David

It will never fit better. I've been trying to get everything in the barn for decades and it's simply a law of nature that man's grasp exceeds his interior arrangemnt capabilities. The answer is a bigger barn which is why it is TBN legend to build twice the barn you need.
I spend lots of time every fall trying to fit square pegs into round holes and I just can't get a handle on it. I feel like a fat chick trying to get the zipper up. Moss--if you have any secrets, you are a good man---fill us in.

/ WHAT DID YOU DO TODAY ? #573  
Spread 26 tons of crusher for the new Carolina barn.

photo-135.jpg

/ WHAT DID YOU DO TODAY ? #574  
It will never fit better... Moss--if you have any secrets, you are a good man---fill us in.

SixDogs,

No secrets here... I just leave most stuff outside. Right now I've got ~165 bales of hay in what I'm calling a barn, really a big metal shed with a dirt floor, plus my "clay pigeon cannon" (pic 2), a carry-all I plan to make into a ballast, and some minor other stuff. The tractor with a small attachment (like stump grinder or PHD) will fit inside except for the bucket or grapple itself. Hay now mosly fills 1/3 of the shed.

Pic 1 is first time I test fit the tractor into the barn/shed, Pic 3 is the first 50 bales, pic 4 is a load of another 55 bales...

Be well sir!
David

Attachments

• 2012-07-04 12.17.02.jpg
    2012-07-04 12.17.02.jpg
    827.2 KB · Views: 101
  • 2012-05-04 16.46.28.jpg
    2012-05-04 16.46.28.jpg
    299.6 KB · Views: 102
  • 2012-08-18 17.56.15.jpg
    2012-08-18 17.56.15.jpg
    640.5 KB · Views: 105
  • 2012-06-09 19.21.15.jpg
    2012-06-09 19.21.15.jpg
    438.7 KB · Views: 106
   / WHAT DID YOU DO TODAY ? #576  
Same thing is said for boats...

I always heard a boat was a hole in the water you threw money into...

At least the horses produce copious amounts of fertilizer...
:D
David

/ WHAT DID YOU DO TODAY ? #577  
Yesterday I took the leaf blower and blew some of the leaves in the front yard onto a tarp so I could drag them to the area I will make a garden mext spring.

I also blew the leaves off of much of my 1/2 mile of gravel driveway.

David

/ WHAT DID YOU DO TODAY ? #578  
Today I replaced the traction belt on my JD X324. I swear they build the tractor around that belt!

/ WHAT DID YOU DO TODAY ? #579  
Yesterday I moved some more hay bales closer to the house, and filled the tractor with diesel. I refilled the 5gal gas & both 5gal diesel jerry cans and topped off car & truck in prep for the storm. I got some seat time on stump grinding and piled dead logs for a temporary shooting backstop.

Be well all,
David

/ WHAT DID YOU DO TODAY ? #580  
Today I plan to finish prepping for the storm and also do a little bit of shooting with a buddy...

I wonder what I will ACTUALLY get done?

Be well all,
David