What happened here to my tire?

/ What happened here to my tire? #31  
I've used both methods, start fluid or ratchet straps multiple times in the past to bead up tires

/ What happened here to my tire? #32  
So here’s what you do to fix it for free.

1. Jack up the front of the tractor so wheel & tire are off the ground.
2. Grab yourself a pretty beefy ratchet strap and wrap it around the tire.
3. Ratchet it down until the bead pops out to the rim while filling with air.
That’s the method I do, as well. Simple and quick. Back to work in 5 minutes.

/ What happened here to my tire? #34  
I was having a tire repaired one day and their were two guys having all kinds of problems getting a large (really large) tractor tire to seat on the rim and just couldn't get it done.
Tire shop owner comes out of his office told the guys to step back sprayed starter fluid in the tire and threw a match WHAM loud explosion and he walks back in his office without saying anything.

I was impressed but not enough to ever try it.

/ What happened here to my tire? #37  
I have done the fire method many times the method has its place in certain situation. Every time I did it was in the field or in the backcountry as last resort whether it was on a quad, truck or tractor it is easier to carry a can of ether (or whatever flammable, I have done it with just bug spray) and a lighter then a jack, ratchet strap and air compressor. Some flammables are not flammable enough to work so watch what you bring, I can't remember what I tried it with I think it was WD40 it didn't work and break clean evaporated too quickly and it didn't work as well but I am not exactly sure if it was these I tried. It is a method worth mastering for the time in need that's for sure it can save you a walk. Just don't put too much fuel at first and stick with spray cans it's easier to control the amount, you can always put more the second time if it doesn't work the first time. Spray some inside the bead all around the rim in a quick motion (quick not slow) with a tail of fluid to the tire to ignite in order to stay out of the line of fire. (quite literally lol)

Note; do this at your own risk don't come back here and blame me if sh!& hit the fan but if you follow these instruction you should be fine...

/ What happened here to my tire? #38  
I've used a bicycle tube to seat beads before. It doesn't take a very big compressor.

80-settingbead_d72cb6e47b643cf5f419e9da7e4e7316fdbec64e.jpg

It looks like that photo was taken with my old Harbor Freight tire machine attached to a trailer hitch receiver.

/ What happened here to my tire? #39  
Note; do this at your own risk don't come back here and blame me if sh!& hit the fan but if you follow these instruction you should be fine...
I've mounted TONS of tires over the years and I've never needed to or tried the "blow it up with starting fluid" method.