What happened to the Birds and Fish and Arkansas

/ What happened to the Birds and Fish and Arkansas #131  
the guy in the yellow ... well it is not his first time, he looks like he's been zapped more than the other dude.

I'm taking that as a compliment. You meant it that way, right?;)

Steve

Last edited:
   / What happened to the Birds and Fish and Arkansas #132  
Gee smstonypoint,,,,your not the guy in yellow are ya ? :ashamed:

/ What happened to the Birds and Fish and Arkansas #134  
As mentioned before I got a book for Christmas called "Weird Carolinas." One of the stories in the book is about A Dr. Venable who taught at UNC and improved the Bunsen Burner. Apparently was a well known scientist in his day. There is a science building at UNC named after him.

He did a paper on a an incident in 1884 where a show of blood fell from the sky on a sun bright day. There was an area 60 feet in circumference covered with splotches that looked like blood. There were tree branches covered with the splotches as well. Herr Doctors tests found that there was a component of blood in the fluid.

In the American Journal of Science there was a similar report of a great deal of flesh and blood falling near Clinton, NC. This was in 1850. A lawyer said there was a red cloud over head but with no rain. The shower of flesh fell in a rectangular pattern about 30 feet wide and 300 hundred yards long. The flesh was meat, liver, lungs, and gobs of blood. There was blood running down the tree leaves and left drops on the ground.

Yuck. :D

Later,
Dan

/ What happened to the Birds and Fish and Arkansas #135  
that looked like blood. There were tree branches covered with the splotches as well. Herr Doctors tests found that there was a component of blood in the fluid.

In the American Journal of Science there was a similar report of a great deal of flesh and blood falling near Clinton, NC. This was in 1850. A lawyer said there was a red cloud over head but with no rain. The shower of flesh fell in a rectangular pattern about 30 feet wide and 300 hundred yards long. The flesh was meat, liver, lungs, and gobs of blood. There was blood running down the tree leaves and left drops on the ground.
That's disgusting, but not as disgusting as the guy who ate the buzzard vomit.

/ What happened to the Birds and Fish and Arkansas #136  
I'm taking that as a compliment. You meant it that way, right?;)

Steve

How they say it "if the shoe fits" or in this case "the funnel" !!!!

/ What happened to the Birds and Fish and Arkansas #137  
Now dead birds in California. Go figure.

/ What happened to the Birds and Fish and Arkansas #138  
When I was a kid we were driving home from my grandparents' cottage in Michigan. There was a terrible thunderstorm and torrential rain. My dad had to pull the VW van over on the side of the road because he could not see to drive. All of a sudden he yells "LOOK!" and there were thousands of small toads an/or frogs landing on the street and windshield. Oh the carnage! :laughing: My sisters started screaming, my dad started laughing, my mom was more worried about the storm and I sat their with my eyes wide open taking it all in! :D

/ What happened to the Birds and Fish and Arkansas #140  
Early this morning, on my home page for my ISP, CenturyLink, I read a fairly long news story, which I cannot find now.:eek: Anyway, the basic thought was that this has been happening all around the world for many, many years; nothing unusual about it; just that now we have the Internet, instant world wide news, etc. The story cited many other both bird and fish kills that have occurred in the USA, Canada, and other continents. Specific causes were found in some cases and not in others.

Well, I finally found it again.

FACT CHECK: Mass bird, fish deaths occur regularly

We have had internet for what.??......15 years.

Not buying it.