What have you bounced out the bucket and ran over lately

/ What have you bounced out the bucket and ran over lately #1  

wwdiii

Bronze Member
League City, TX/Rayburn Country Lake Sam Rayburn
Tractor
Mahindra 3550
Lately I seem to be hitting bumps and bouncing sometheing out of the bucket on my tractor. Few weeks back I had my box blade chained to my bucket. Hit a bump, bounced my 59 dollar refurbished Homelite chainsaw out of the bucket along with box blade coming un-chained and falling on my chainsaw. It did a number on my cheap trusty saw no doubt. I've had that saw for at least 10 years maybe longer. Its had a hard life but sure held up good and punched way above it weight. I almost loaded up my Stihl 291 that morning, glad I left it at home. Guess I better go buy another cheap saw to repalce it before I tear my Stihl or Echo.

Last weekend I bounced my pole saw out, got stopped and didn't run over it, got lucky.

Logging roads on the property I hunt are rough, bad rough.

What have you guys bounced out and ran over lately, surely I'm not the only one.

Thanks, Billy

/ What have you bounced out the bucket and ran over lately #2  
I've learned not to carry things in the bucket... yet I still seem to destroy them occasionally anyways.

/ What have you bounced out the bucket and ran over lately #3  
I don’t put stuff in the bucket of any value and I don’t put any chainsaws in the bed of my dump truck. On separate occasions I accidentally dumped a 5 gallon bucket of oil on a brush fire, dumped a chain binder in a brush pile, dropped a log in the truck on a gas can, and dropped another log on a window frame.

/ What have you bounced out the bucket and ran over lately #4  
Luckily - five years ago I replaced the bucket with a grapple. NOTHING bounces out of the grasp of my grapple. Previously - with the bucket - enormous rocks that I routinely move. Just another reason I got the grapple.

/ What have you bounced out the bucket and ran over lately #5  
I bounce rocks and rounds out the bucket. Nothing of value goes into it. I have a carry all to move stuff with.

/ What have you bounced out the bucket and ran over lately #6  
I forgot I had chains in the bucket and scooped up a load of dirt to move. Dumped it and spread it with the box blade, fortunately I hooked the chain with a scarifier tooth while spreading it and pulled the chain out. Now I check what is in the bucket before I start.

/ What have you bounced out the bucket and ran over lately #7  
I have W.R. Long's FEL damper installed. Nearly eliminates FEL bounce.

Certainly increases safe speed at which materials can be transported using the FEL.

LINK: W.R. Long, Inc. | Comfort Ride

Attachments

• DSC00079.JPG
    DSC00079.JPG
    7.6 MB · Views: 189
  • DSC00080.JPG
    DSC00080.JPG
    7.7 MB · Views: 188
   / What have you bounced out the bucket and ran over lately #8  
I've been lucky lately nothing bounce from the bucket,but for while there it was common....saw shovels rake fuel. :(

/ What have you bounced out the bucket and ran over lately #9  
Patio furniture! Didnt run over it though....

/ What have you bounced out the bucket and ran over lately #10  
Nothing personally of late. But just happened to watch a youtube video the other day. A wheel loader is moving material from a huge pile into some kind of hopper (truck? mostly out of view). Operator fails to see a small person who is hidden by the bucket and standing in the middle of the work area, and scoops them up before hitting the pile, filling the bucket on top of them. Then dumps into the hopper. After a few seconds you see the person clawing their way to the top of the hopper, and everybody starts scurrying around to retrieve them.

When I inevitably do this, I hope it's not to something alive.