What Insane/Crazy Price did You Pay Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / What Insane/Crazy Price did You Pay Today? #212  
Because the government is responsible for inflation and that’s one of the leading causes for price surges. And the government reduced drilling and pipelines both of which increased cost.
Oil prices were already low enough that fracked wells were becoming marginal to operate at best. Then covid shut the economy down, and oil prices dropped off a cliff. Oil companies stopped pumping from expensive fracked wells because they were losing money. Economy came roaring back, because of all the extra federal money thrown at it, but oil companies were reluctant to resume production because it might not last, and they were recouping their previous losses.

Now, with prices what they are, the oil companies are making record profits at the current level of production. Why in the world would they spend the money to bring wells back online, lower prices, and reduce those record profits? The shareholders wouldn't like it much.

/ What Insane/Crazy Price did You Pay Today? #213  
LOL, great question. I don't know why so many guys here (and frankly all across this country) spend so much energy hating politicians for things that they have no control over. The sad truth is because they are brainwashed into partisan tribalism, convinced that the "other team" is whats wrong with America. When really the global elite are what are crushing all of us.
Some are brainwashed into thinking that there actually are two parties rather than a uni-party that is controlled by that global elite, but we shouldn't be talking about that here. Please take it to the Front Porch.

/ What Insane/Crazy Price did You Pay Today? #214  
Oil prices were already low enough that fracked wells were becoming marginal to operate at best. Then covid shut the economy down, and oil prices dropped off a cliff. Oil companies stopped pumping from expensive fracked wells because they were losing money. Economy came roaring back, because of all the extra federal money thrown at it, but oil companies were reluctant to resume production because it might not last, and they were recouping their previous losses.

Now, with prices what they are, the oil companies are making record profits at the current level of production. Why in the world would they spend the money to bring wells back online, lower prices, and reduce those record profits? The shareholders wouldn't like it much.
Which shareholders wouldn't like it? The ones like me with 401k's or the Union pension funds which invest their member's retirement money for growth? Which evil, nefarious group are you referring to?

/ What Insane/Crazy Price did You Pay Today? #215  
LOL, great question. I don't know why so many guys here (and frankly all across this country) spend so much energy hating politicians for things that they have no control over. The sad truth is because they are brainwashed into partisan tribalism, convinced that the "other team" is whats wrong with America. When really the global elite are what are crushing all of us.
Because you fail to understand the depth of what all politicians around the globe do and how it contributes to everything we endure.
Our political leaders have a lot more to do with how bad we are affected than most who think they know will ever understand.

/ What Insane/Crazy Price did You Pay Today? #216  
Which shareholders wouldn't like it? The ones like me with 401k's or the Union pension funds which invest their member's retirement money for growth? Which evil, nefarious group are you referring to?
Both, and almost anybody else, like me, invested in mutual funds. I'm no Wall Street Wizard, but from what I read just about every mutual fund has at least some oil company stock. Especially "nefarious" are those who complain about the high cost of energy while raking in the benefits of it.

/ What Insane/Crazy Price did You Pay Today? #217  
Well, due to repeated political postings, thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.