What Insane/Crazy Price did You Pay Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / What Insane/Crazy Price did You Pay Today? #191  
Obvious petrol prices pedal inflation.

Prices surge is global phenomena, I am wondering, why you guys are blaming your government ?
Because that's what we Americans do. We blame our government for all our problems, so we don't have to shoulder it ourselves. We keep looking for a leader who can "fix" things for us to our satisfaction, never finding one because he/she doesn't exist.

/ What Insane/Crazy Price did You Pay Today? #192  
I was finishing up my swing set for the kids and needed some snap links. They were 11.99 a PIECE!!! Lady at the register said they just went up to 14.99!!!😵. I am glad they honored the 11.99. I went to my local ACE because I did not feel like driving further to a Lowes. Not sure if it would have been a lot cheaper.

View attachment 744026

What insane prices are you paying for simple items like this? maybe we can start sharing where the discounts are at, if any.😁
Well, I was at the airport in Bozeman and I picked up a key ring for 3.99 with the sticker right on it. Well the cashier couldnt bend it straight to read it with the scanner gun so she ripped it off and charged me 4.99. I had to catch a flight so had to run but checked the receipt and saw it, not a big amount, but why would she do that...

/ What Insane/Crazy Price did You Pay Today? #193  
Just makes sense!
I can go to my local dollar store and for $5 walk out with a card, a balloon and a toy for less than a card from a Hallmark store. Got a lot of family to remember and it adds up.
Maybe not the balloon. Helium shortage, you know. Helium is in such short supply that the National Weather Service has cut back on launching weather balloons.

/ What Insane/Crazy Price did You Pay Today? #194  
It was my wife's birthday last night so I took her, her mom, her brother and his wife, and her sister and her boyfriend out to dinner at the Fireman's union hall. They have a restaurant and bar.
1 Jumbo shrimp basket
3 prime rib sandwiches
Cheeseburger
1 Mushroom Swiss burger
1 Bacon cheddar burger
1 cheese pierogi
8 mixed drinks
2 beers
Coffee
All sandwiches with sides.
And they threw in a chocolate martini for the birthday girl.

$116.

All said, that was a very reasonable evening for 7 people.

/ What Insane/Crazy Price did You Pay Today? #195  
Maybe not the balloon. Helium shortage, you know. Helium is in such short supply that the National Weather Service has cut back on launching weather balloons.
Dollar tree helium balloons were a buck until a couple months ago. Now, like most stuff in the store, have gone up to $1.25. Still a bargain.

/ What Insane/Crazy Price did You Pay Today? #196  
It was my wife's birthday last night so I took her, her mom, her brother and his wife, and her sister and her boyfriend out to dinner at the Fireman's union hall. They have a restaurant and bar.
1 Jumbo shrimp basket
3 prime rib sandwiches
Cheeseburger
1 Mushroom Swiss burger
1 Bacon cheddar burger
1 cheese pierogi
8 mixed drinks
2 beers
Coffee
All sandwiches with sides.
And they threw in a chocolate martini for the birthday girl.

$116.

All said, that was a very reasonable evening for 7 people.

Mmmmm YUMMY 😋

/ What Insane/Crazy Price did You Pay Today? #198  
Mmmmm YUMMY 😋
Yeah it was! I had the bacon cheddar burger and the pierogi and the 2 beers, and some chips. I was stuffed.

I did not use my rowing machine last evening. 🤣

Wife said I fell asleep around 9:40 and I didn't wake up until 1:15 and went to bed.

/ What Insane/Crazy Price did You Pay Today? #199  
Dollar tree helium balloons were a buck until a couple months ago. Now, like most stuff in the store, have gone up to $1.25. Still a bargain.
Was in one of my local $1.25 Trees last week. Sign on the door said they were out of helium, so couldn't fill balloons. No word on when, or if, they would get more.

/ What Insane/Crazy Price did You Pay Today? #200  
Obvious petrol prices pedal inflation.

Prices surge is global phenomena, I am wondering, why you guys are blaming your government ?

LOL, great question. I don't know why so many guys here (and frankly all across this country) spend so much energy hating politicians for things that they have no control over. The sad truth is because they are brainwashed into partisan tribalism, convinced that the "other team" is whats wrong with America. When really the global elite are what are crushing all of us.

Status
Not open for further replies.