What Insane/Crazy Price did You Pay Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / What Insane/Crazy Price did You Pay Today? #201  
Was in one of my local $1.25 Trees last week. Sign on the door said they were out of helium, so couldn't fill balloons. No word on when, or if, they would get more.
Bummer.

/ What Insane/Crazy Price did You Pay Today? #204  
Dollar tree helium balloons were a buck until a couple months ago. Now, like most stuff in the store, have gone up to $1.25. Still a bargain.
Chain Grocery store $9 Happy Birthday Balloon... Dollar Store $1.25 and still floating since mid March!

/ What Insane/Crazy Price did You Pay Today? #205  
$48 for a flat of ripe, red, delicious, farm grown strawberries.

/ What Insane/Crazy Price did You Pay Today? #206  
LOL, great question. I don't know why so many guys here (and frankly all across this country) spend so much energy hating politicians for things that they have no control over. The sad truth is because they are brainwashed into partisan tribalism, convinced that the "other team" is whats wrong with America. When really the global elite are what are crushing all of us.
Well said as the politicians are the mouthpieces of the elite and do their bidding. Since inflation is primarily a currency creation situation, where excessive Dollars, Pounds, Euros etc. are created out of thin air, unbacked by anything tangible, by privately owned (global elite) central banks (ie. the Fed), it dilutes the value of said currency. Every dollar that is created is not money, but debt and the entire system is a ponzi scheme and everyone knows how ponzi schemes end. I believe that 80% of all dollars in existence have been created in the past few years and if the Fed stops then the entire system implodes, so the printing won't stop and costs of everything will continue to rise, as it is all part of the plan.

As George Carlin said "It's a big club and you ain't in it!" -

/ What Insane/Crazy Price did You Pay Today? #207  
The economic theory I was taught was based on the federal reserve adjusting the money supply in a way that facilitated economic growth. Too much $ caused inflation. Too little $ caused deflation. Raising interest rates cooled things. Lowering interest rates made for more purchasing ease. Government spending also affected economic growth with there being strongly differing opinions about that.

The universal black hole in the theory is the fed can't control energy prices. They were effectively powerless to deal with the oil price shock post 1973. The persistent run up in fuel prices in 2008 also contributed to bringing an overleveraged economy to its knees.

I had to take economic history of the US as part of my major. Everyone here would pass the course if you could remember these two phrases and insert the appropriate year: "the banking crisis of _____ and the financial crisis of ______."

The bigger the bubble, the bigger the bust.

/ What Insane/Crazy Price did You Pay Today? #208  
Obvious petrol prices pedal inflation.

Prices surge is global phenomena, I am wondering, why you guys are blaming your government ?

Because the government is responsible for inflation and that’s one of the leading causes for price surges. And the government reduced drilling and pipelines both of which increased cost.

/ What Insane/Crazy Price did You Pay Today? #209  
I was going to fertilize 10 acres of horse pasture this year….but they want $1,500 per ton. Guess ill pass on that.
I got 21-0-21 here in Fl 3 weeks ago for $808.00 per ton, don't know what analysis they quoted you but man that is outrageous.

/ What Insane/Crazy Price did You Pay Today?
We buy greeting, holiday, birthday, etc., cards at the dollar stores. ;)
They need to update the store name to the 5 or 10 dollar store. 😁

Status
Not open for further replies.