what is a dependable bush hog name for someone looking to buy one please?

/ what is a dependable bush hog name for someone looking to buy one please? #1  

nutsforicecream

Tractor
LS 41 hp
I have a Tractor Supply in Augusta, GA and wondered if their bush hog is considered to be dependable?? Thnx for the help to a new tractor owner/operator.

/ what is a dependable bush hog name for someone looking to buy one please? #2  
Welcome to TBN. Lots of folks have them so should comment shortly. I like the Woods equipment line for brush hogs. Very heavy duty.

/ what is a dependable bush hog name for someone looking to buy one please? #3  
I have a 6' Rhino bush hog, I forget the model number but it is a heavy duty model. Don't think you can beat them. Mine is about 15 years old now & is still in great shape. I seriously abused this bush hog, if the tractor could push the tree over, I cut it. I used to bush hog on the side with it for several years & you wouldn't believe what you would run over. Haven't had to do the first repair yet other than have the blades sharpened. I will buy another Rhino if I ever wear out or break this one.

/ what is a dependable bush hog name for someone looking to buy one please? #4  
Depends on how long you want them to last and how tough of grass/brush you want it to handle. I've had two TSC units in the past. They worked well on tall grass up to 3 feet and lasted 9-10 years before the decks rusted through. I also have two 6 foot Rhino units that will cut into 5-6 foot grass and will last for the next two generations in my family. Huge difference in price and huge difference in longevity. I really like the fact that some Rhino units now have domed decks so water runs off the top and does not puddle and rust the metal. Here on the Texas Gulf Coast the humidity is fierce all year long and most implements that sit outside are wet every morning from the dew even in Summer. Things rust fast here.

/ what is a dependable bush hog name for someone looking to buy one please? #5  
Any brush hog can be dependable as long as it matches the horsepower of your tractor and what environment you will be operating it in.

/ what is a dependable bush hog name for someone looking to buy one please? #6  
I have a Tractor Supply in Augusta, GA and wondered if their bush hog is considered to be dependable?? Thnx for the help to a new tractor owner/operator.

Bush Hog is a brand name for equipment the same as Kleenex is a brand name for facial tissues.

Attachments

• xSingleSpindleRCMainArt-2.png.pagespeed.ic.FIv5zcZGkK@2x.png
    xSingleSpindleRCMainArt-2.png.pagespeed.ic.FIv5zcZGkK@2x.png
    42.9 KB · Views: 122
   / what is a dependable bush hog name for someone looking to buy one please? #7  
Any brush hog can be dependable as long as it matches the horsepower of your tractor and what environment you will be operating it in.

citydude hit it right on. describe your field conditions...that being said, i agree w/other posters that although heavy duty can be overkill, it's a lot better than the other way around. i've gone through several myself through the years, and presently have an 8' twin spindle rhino, best by far to date. but many out there, no experience w/tsc. & land pride, woods are great too... as mentioned, match the tractor pto hp w/the cutter. good luck

/ what is a dependable bush hog name for someone looking to buy one please? #8  
I have Landpride and think its a pretty good brand. What is more important is where will you get parts for it after you've had it awhile? Landpride is sold at every Kubota dealer and in my experience, very good to get parts from. They are also sold at some small time, mom and pop dealerships and in my experience, iffy when you will get the parts you need.

They are also broken down into heavy duty type ratings, so be careful when comparing prices. A light duty one will look similar to a heavy duty one of the same size, but cost quite a bit more. Are you just cutting grass or are you taming jungle? are you mowing once a month or several times a week? How much HP does your tractor have and will you be pushing it to it's limits?

Eddie

/ what is a dependable bush hog name for someone looking to buy one please? #9  
Pretty much in agreement with everyone else. My brother buys a new lightweight cutter every few years as that is what suits his needs. I use Land Pride and Woods as I cut more and heavier stuff. I would be comfortable with Bush Hog, Rhino etc.

/ what is a dependable bush hog name for someone looking to buy one please? #10  
I just recently bought a king kutter professional series from big R. It seems very nice well-built and fairly heavy duty it also has the dome top I compared it to the ones that TSC. The ones at TSC in my area were made by County line and they seemed okay but I noticed that where the wheel mounts to the rear In about half of the units was installed crooked. I have used TSC brand cutters before and have had good luck however I feel the king kutter professional is a step above. It has pivoting pins where it hooks to your three-point at the lower positions that allows it to glide over bumps and debris or whatever to give you a more even cut it's nice but without a hydraulic top link it limits you as to how high you can raise the deck. Unless of course you want to manually crank it up and down every time you need more lift. It also cost me around $100 more. I plan on adding a hydraulic top link anyway so it won't be a problem but without one I would recommend the TSC Countyline from what I could tell if you could find one with a straight rearwheel configuration.