What is that smell yuck. I hate this job.

/ What is that smell yuck. I hate this job. #31  
By code we have to run everything into the septic tank also and if there is a replacement or repair where there was a rock pit or something we used to drain the gray water into it has to be pumped and filled in and unhooked from the pluming.

I have always been under the understanding the bacteria that breaks down solids in black water is going to happen anyway in nature and multiply at the rate it can sustain its self by the amount of available "food" and adding more specialty bacteria just costs you money and doesn't actually do anything positive.

I stay away from them but ymmv they say to throw a few inexpensive yeast cubes in a new system and that's all that's necessary to get the colony started after that watch dumping large amounts of anti-bactierial agents in.

/ What is that smell yuck. I hate this job.
Thanks for all the advice and input guys I appreciate it.

Let it rain on the leach field to allow it to settle. Then tilled the surface and picked rocks and sowed grass then shallow tilled to bury the seed.

Attachments

• HPIM2531a.jpg
    HPIM2531a.jpg
    382.4 KB · Views: 168
   / What is that smell yuck. I hate this job. #36  
Let it rain on the leach field to allow it to settle. Then tilled the surface and picked rocks and sowed grass then shallow tilled to bury the seed.

That looks like one heck of a mole hill off the end of the drain field. Glad I don't have your moles.:laughing:

OK, to be serious here. Nice job.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

That looks like one heck of a mole hill off the end of the drain field. Glad I don't have your moles.:laughing:

OK, to be serious here. Nice job.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

LOL, I am afraid to use all of the top soil in case there is more settling. I have a few other places to lose the dirt. The wif:De said the same thing though.

/ What is that smell yuck. I hate this job. #38  
I think you get double satisfaction on a job like that. The first is the satisfaction of knowing what is there and how it was installed. The second is seeing how you finished the site so that it will not be an eyesore. In a year, it will just look like a nice patch of green grass. Nice job Randall!:thumbsup: I love using my tiller as a scarifier when needed as you did with your trenches.

I think you get double satisfaction on a job like that. The first is the satisfaction of knowing what is there and how it was installed. The second is seeing how you finished the site so that it will not be an eyesore. In a year, it will just look like a nice patch of green grass. Nice job Randall!:thumbsup: I love using my tiller as a scarifier when needed as you did with your trenches.

Thanks Jim
I didn't have a tiller but when I realized that this less than pleasant job needed I got some estimates for the upgrade. The tiller, fuel and materials used still didn't add up to 50% of having a contractor do the job. I feel like its a way of paying off some the cost of the equipment and the satisfaction of completing the task myself.

/ What is that smell yuck. I hate this job. #40  
Thanks Jim
I didn't have a tiller but when I realized that this less than pleasant job needed I got some estimates for the upgrade. The tiller, fuel and materials used still didn't add up to 50% of having a contractor do the job. I feel like its a way of paying off some the cost of the equipment and the satisfaction of completing the task myself.

Put that way, your tiller has already paid for itself. Everything from here out is just a bonus.:thumbsup: