What is that smell yuck. I hate this job.

/ What is that smell yuck. I hate this job. #41  
Some time a go a old timer told me to throw a dead woodchuck in the septic tank. He said it would keep it"workin".

/ What is that smell yuck. I hate this job.
Put that way, your tiller has already paid for itself. Everything from here out is just a bonus.:thumbsup:

I keep telling the wife that. I usually buy tools on an as needed basis. So every big project is a potential tool purchase. I have an understanding wife.

/ What is that smell yuck. I hate this job. #43  
Dex, here in the Republic of RI, one is not allowed to address their own leachfield. It has to be dug with certification only. If I were to replace my leach field. I would now have to use the prescribed method set by the RI Enviromental dept. This method is a dang , falutin unbelievable construction that has shown itsef not to work as well as a regular leach field. The cost would be $30000 to build it to state regs. I envy any state that is free (are there any left?)

/ What is that smell yuck. I hate this job. #44  
I keep telling the wife that. I usually buy tools on an as needed basis. So every big project is a potential tool purchase. I have an understanding wife.

A few years back we bought an '07 Tundra to replace my wife's Blazer and double for a farm truck. She doesn't like small cars and it's always a pain to get the truck from her to move things on the farm since she then has to use my car.:( She became much more favorable about the tractor purchase after she realized that the tractor could move most of the stuff I used to have to use the truck for.:laughing:

She doesn't complain when there's 1 or 2 0s behind the first number in the price, but she doesn't like it when there are 3 or more 0s between the dollar sign and the decimal.

Dex, here in the Republic of RI, one is not allowed to address their own leachfield. It has to be dug with certification only. If I were to replace my leach field. I would now have to use the prescribed method set by the RI Enviromental dept. This method is a dang , falutin unbelievable construction that has shown itsef not to work as well as a regular leach field. The cost would be $30000 to build it to state regs. I envy any state that is free (are there any left?)

I will bookmark this quote and use it to show how much it could have cost if we had used a contractor.:D:D I have a jewel of a wife. I dont hide anything from the wife she has said many times that the things I like to do save us money sometimes big money. So she doesn't say much when I buy a much needed tool.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Last edited:
   / What is that smell yuck. I hate this job. #46  
Randall,
That's a job to be proud of. Great work.
Obed

Randall,
That's a job to be proud of. Great work.
Obed

Thanks for the complement. I have followed your house build and I am impressed with your perseverance in sticking with the job, I can say I understand having been through a house build. I think the baby is going to love the new house. We moved into our house when our son was about 10 months old and this home is the only one he has ever known.

/ What is that smell yuck. I hate this job. #48  

Yup. Same here in Massachusetts. $25,000 - $30,000 for a new septic system and I don't have an easy place to put the next leach field.:shocked: We have a 1500 gallon tank and three 100 foot trenches, pipe in stone. It's 24 years old.

Short story... we pump it every year. Beats building a new one.:D

Yup. Same here in Massachusetts. $25,000 - $30,000 for a new septic system and I don't have an easy place to put the next leach field.:shocked: We have a 1500 gallon tank and three 100 foot trenches, pipe in stone. It's 24 years old.

Short story... we pump it every year. Beats building a new one.:D

I would pump it annually at that replacement cost. That is shocking. I will show this to the wife and show her that in some places in the country I would have paid off my tractor with just this one job.

/ What is that smell yuck. I hate this job. #50  
Can you drive over those bio diffusers with your tractor, or is it strictly lawn tractor territory?

Thanks

Aaron Z