What is your favorite brand?

/ What is your favorite brand? #11  
Since the price range tractors you mention are rated in Consumer Reports, if you look there, you'll see that Cub is at the bottom on reliability. My inlaws bought a new one about 5 years ago and they have about worn out my trailer taking it back and forth to the dealer. A lot of people do not like Consumer Reports because it may warn against a model that someone has and loves, but when thousands of people fill out their survey and mark the Cub as the least dependable, there certainly is a pattern there.

/ What is your favorite brand?
Thanks for the info. What brands were ranked the highest?

/ What is your favorite brand? #13  
I wasted $1100 12 years ago on a Craftsman, gave the perfectly working unit to my sister-in-law and wasted another $1300 on a Craftsman a couple of years ago.

/ What is your favorite brand? #14  
I don't know what these models are, but for performance and reliability together, they chose the John Deere LT160 and the Kubota T1670. Both are supposed to be well under your price figure and are highly rated for reliability / durability. I thought they had Husqvarna up there too, but that name is not included in the last ratings (neither good nor bad). Be sure someone will post that they do not like Consumer Reports and that they are biased. They are not. I simply use them as a guide and pick what I like from there. Good luck!

Thanks for the reply Dargo. I don't know anything about CR, but I have seen how some do not agree with them. I have been told that you can't go wrong with Kubota... maybe I should look at them a little closer.

/ What is your favorite brand? #16  
Dargo... I agree with you on the CR issue. I've used it numerous times when buying appliances, TVs, stereos, vacuum cleaners, etc. One thing you do have to keep in mind is that they don't test all models within a line-up. Most everything I have bought at one time had come from Sears, which means I bought Craftsman. I'm probably one of the few people who have had a good experience with the Craftsman line of mowers.

/ What is your favorite brand? #17  
For the $ I don't think u can go wrong with a Cub. Especially if you are looking at the 2000 series or higher. The features, warranty, and financing available through Cub puts JD and Kubota to shame. A comparable unit from the other two would be a least $1500 more than a Cub with no real reason for the price increase other than the name on the side of the hood.

Personally I would take a look at the 2500 or 3000 series, cast iron trans, fully welded boxed frame, drive shaft driven, Kohler motors, plus ps and shaft driven deck on the 3000 series. All that plus Cub is offering 0% for 24m now. Thats my take on the matter anyway.

Thanks for the input gamble77. I am looking at the 2000 and 2500 series. The 3000 series it a little out of my price range. I am looking hard at the LT2180, GT2186, and GT2521.

/ What is your favorite brand? #19  
One thing about the Cub Cadets. They won't mow in reverse. The Deere and Kubotas have reverse over ride switches that allow you to mow in reverse.

/ What is your favorite brand? #20  
Your right about the mowing in reverse. However on the 2004 models it is easy to fix, plus for 2005 all Cub riding mowers will be able to mow in reverse via a switch on the dash.