What is your favorite brand?

/ What is your favorite brand? #31  
I would be happy with any one of the better named brand mfg's and as long as its not offered in the box stores...I like the dealer only models and their support. I have two (Cub and Deere), I just need to find some orange (Kubtoa) to round it off /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Ducati

/ What is your favorite brand?
That thing is 30 years old?? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif It looks brand new! I'm glad you've had such good luck with your machine! I really don't know much about Ariens. There is a dealer a few miles from me but I've never went there to look. I did talk to a neighbor of mine who has an Ariens ZTR and he was cussing it! But thats a whole different machine. I hope whatever I end up with (probably a Cub Cadet) holds up and looks as good as yours 30 years from now! Thats why I started this post... I want to find out what is the best out there!

/ What is your favorite brand? #33  
Killer B, what engine does that Ariens have in it? One of my neighbors down in the country had an Ariens that looked similar, with an air-cooled diesel, the mower deck, and a tiller. I don't know how old it was; not new when I got acquainted with him 10 years ago, but a pretty nice little machine. He never took the tiller off to mow and didn't take the mower deck off to till his garden; just left both on all the time.

/ What is your favorite brand? #34  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I am soon to buy a riding tractor. I have enjoyed reading the posts and getting great advice on the web site. Now.. I have narrowed it down to a few brands and I would like you to tell me which you perfer and why. I am still up in the air on specific models and take out of the equation what I'll be using it for.

Here goes... Cub Cadet, Simplicity, Craftsman, Kubota

Any suggestions are appreciated. )</font>

<font color="red">I am soon to buy a riding tractor. I have narrowed it down to a few brands and I would like you to tell me which you perfer and why.
1*I am still up in the air on specific models and take out of the equation what I'll be using it for.
2*Here goes... Cub Cadet, Simplicity, , Kubota
dmanspadge

================================

1*First off are you looking for a lawn tractor or do you want a garden tractor? There is a difference and this is where the what you will be using it for equation comes in.
2*Simplicity or Kubota. Depending on how much you want to spend.
You don't want anything built by MTD. I bought one in 1995 and it's been a constant 9 year battle and expense trying to keep the motor running right and it still don't run right. I have had trouble keeping the steering functioning and just this past summer the front axle fell out from under it when I went to back up.
I wanted a Kubota at the time. Time after time I wished I would have gotten the Kubota.
The Brigs engine has been nothing but a big headache on this tractor so I'm leary of anything that has a BRIGS motor.
In SEPT ,2004 I fixed the mistake I made 9 years ago and bought a new Kubota BX23.
MTD Bought out Cub Cadet Wheelhorse toro Troybuilt and Bolens. Buy one of these brands and all you're getting is a MTD with one of these brand names stuck on it perhaps even paying a higher price for it.
Instead of MTD building up to the higher standards of these well known brands when they bought them out they built them down to MTDs lower standards.
Any one know who builds the craftsman?
</font>

/ What is your favorite brand? #35  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( <font color="brown"> I'm not a fan of any MTD product.1*I have always liked Wheelhorse (now Toro)
BRIGUY
================================= </font> )</font>

<font color="red">*******************************************
1*Wheelhorse merged with Toro and became Wheelhorse /Toro. Later MTD purchased Wheelhorse /Toro.Today Wheelhorse /Toro is nothing but a MTD no matter what label they stick on the hood. </font>

/ What is your favorite brand? #36  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Since the price range tractors you mention are rated in Consumer Reports, if you look there, you'll see that Cub is at the bottom on reliability. My inlaws bought a new one about 5 years ago and they have about worn out my trailer taking it back and forth to the dealer. A lot of people do not like Consumer Reports because it may warn against a model that someone has and loves, but when thousands of people fill out their survey and mark the Cub as the least dependable, there certainly is a pattern there. )</font>This is because It is an MTD with a cub name.MTD owns them.

/ What is your favorite brand? #37  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I wasted $1100 12 years ago on a Craftsman, gave the perfectly working unit to my sister-in-law and wasted another $1300 on a Craftsman a couple of years ago. )</font>

If it's made by MTD that explaines it!

/ What is your favorite brand? #38  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I don't know what these models are, but for performance and reliability together, they chose the John Deere LT160 and the Kubota T1670. Both are supposed to be well under your price figure and are highly rated for reliability / durability. I thought they had Husqvarna up there too, but that name is not included in the last ratings (neither good nor bad). Be sure someone will post that they do not like Consumer Reports and that they are biased. They are not. I simply use them as a guide and pick what I like from there. Good luck! )</font>Husqvarna had a problem with their tractors catching on fire.Don't know if it was ever corrected.Could be why they ain't on the list.

/ What is your favorite brand? #39  
</font><font color="blueclass=small">( For the $ I don't think u can go wrong with a Cub. Especially if you are looking at the 2000 series or higher. The features, warranty, and financing available through Cub puts JD and Kubota to shame. A comparable unit from the other two would be a least $1500 more than a Cub with no real reason for the price increase other than the name on the side of the hood.

Personally I would take a look at the 2500 or 3000 series, cast iron trans, fully welded boxed frame, drive shaft driven, Kohler motors, plus ps and shaft driven deck on the 3000 series. All that plus Cub is offering 0% for 24m now. Thats my take on the matter anyway.
)</font>
Only problem is they are a MTD product.

/ What is your favorite brand? #40  
Kubotas here also because I have owned more of them. However, my new Cub Cadet GT 2518 is shaping up to be a very fine machine. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif