what rpm for loader work?

/ what rpm for loader work? #21  
WFO is how I run mine.

/ what rpm for loader work? #23  
With time you'll understand better how things work. Higher RPMs will make things move faster, but not necessarily increase capacity or lifting ability. With an FEL, the bucket may raise, curl or dump faster but you won't be able to lift a heavier load.

I see it most with the backhoe. When I swing the bucket side to side at higher RPMs it tends to slam (move too fast). At lower RPMs, it's much easier to control movement.

When using pallet forks on the loader - while in close quarters - 800 RPM. For normal loader work with bucket or grapple: 1400-1500 RPM. Also 1400-1500 RPM for most backhoe work.

/ what rpm for loader work? #24  
My new tractor's manual says not to lug the engine during the first 50 hour break-in period, but I haven't found an actual number they recommend. I'm new to FELs and was running around 1400 rpm, which as others have noted makes for more gradual bucket movement than a higher speed. I unintentionally greatly slowed the engine with the load a couple times, to the point I thought I might stall it. So of course now I'm paranoid that I have done terrible harm to the engine, at only 2.5 hours, and mean to run it closer to 2000 for my next attempts. But I guess I was lugging the engine for a cumulative total now of maybe 3 seconds, not a whole work shift, so maybe all is not lost. This is a 25 hp tractor.

/ what rpm for loader work? #25  
Your tractor is fine. You did not damage it.
The purpose of the 50 hours is to get everything to seat properly and flush out any residue from manufacturing. I would continue to follow the manual's directions though.

/ what rpm for loader work? #26  
Your tractor is fine. You did not damage it.
The purpose of the 50 hours is to get everything to seat properly and flush out any residue from manufacturing. I would continue to follow the manual's directions though.

Thank you! I will sleep better tonight. And set the rpms higher tomorrow.

/ what rpm for loader work? #27  
I run mine at anywhere from 1900 to PTO speed, depending on the job at hand. For the backhoe I have found that 21- 2200 works good.

/ what rpm for loader work? #28  
I run the rpms up if I need fast response especially when 2 cylinders are involved like with FELS.

/ what rpm for loader work? #29  
What I've found is you get more control at low RPM. It is too easy to jerk the loader when the engine is running near PTO speed. When I go to lift totes of water, I use full PTO but when I want to maneuver them the system is really twitchy so I back off. In general I like to keep my RPM 18-2000 when I'm not use a PTO implement.