What to do with old gas/diesel?

/ What to do with old gas/diesel? #11  
I got the 8kw model - but some say the 5kw has the same burner with lower settings > IDK about that, I'm happy for what I got it was cheap enough.

/ What to do with old gas/diesel? #12  
Inspired by a recent what to do with old antifreeze thread:

I've purchased and restored a number of old basket-case machines that haven't run in years; and I always have a problem with what to do with the old fuel (gas or diesel). It's too old to run in any of my vehicles/equipment, and I'm not supposed to mix it with the oil at the auto parts store dumps.

What I've done in the past is let it sit in a bucket for several weeks/months until it nearly all evaporates, then take the resultant syrup to the auto parts dump anyways because I'm at a loss for what else I can do with it.

Anyone have any better ideas on how to dispose of it other than using it to [carefully] start a burn pile/bonfire or using it in a kerosene/diesel burning heater which I don't have?
Burn pile starter

/ What to do with old gas/diesel? #13  
Inspired by a recent what to do with old antifreeze thread:

I've purchased and restored a number of old basket-case machines that haven't run in years; and I always have a problem with what to do with the old fuel (gas or diesel). It's too old to run in any of my vehicles/equipment, and I'm not supposed to mix it with the oil at the auto parts store dumps.

What I've done in the past is let it sit in a bucket for several weeks/months until it nearly all evaporates, then take the resultant syrup to the auto parts dump anyways because I'm at a loss for what else I can do with it.

Anyone have any better ideas on how to dispose of it other than using it to [carefully] start a burn pile/bonfire or using it in a kerosene/diesel burning heater which I don't have?

Old Diesel fuel can be used up by spraying onto wooden fence posts to help slow deterioration at the ground level. You can also use it as a burn pile starter. Some will spray it onto the bottom of wooden trailer decks to slow decay of wood.

I only handle a small amount of gasoline for chain saws & weed wackers. I would say burn it in your next debris pile.

/ What to do with old gas/diesel? #15  
Real rednecks use an old burn barrel in the middle of their house to keep warm and use the antifreeze in their moonshine shooters.
Some folks up here mix old diesel and drain oil in an airless sprayer and use it on their vehicle frame rails/under body as a rust deterrent; nothing prevents rust

/ What to do with old gas/diesel? #16  
I got the 8kw model - but some say the 5kw has the same burner with lower settings > IDK about that, I'm happy for what I got it was cheap enough.
I'm a little confused on the specs. Not sure how kilowatts translate into heat output.
What kind of exhaust arrangements do you need if you're running it in an enclosed space?

/ What to do with old gas/diesel?
Real rednecks use an old burn barrel in the middle of their house to keep warm and use the antifreeze in their moonshine shooters.
Funny you say that: the ethylene glycol in antifreeze has the same poisoning mechanism as methanol in moonshine. The antidotes are even the same

/ What to do with old gas/diesel?
I'm a little confused on the specs. Not sure how kilowatts translate into heat output.
What kind of exhaust arrangements do you need if you're running it in an enclosed space?
1kw is about 3400 BTU so 8kw is in the 27k BTU range

/ What to do with old gas/diesel? #19  
Funny you say that: the ethylene glycol in antifreeze has the same poisoning mechanism as methanol in moonshine. The antidotes are even the same
I think the alcohol in moonshine and any drinkable liquor is ethanol? Methanol is immediately poison.

/ What to do with old gas/diesel? #20  
All mine goes to cleaning parts with.

Fuel and gasoline mixed leaves a clean part.