What ZD is replacing the discontinued ZD1511 Zero Diesel Turbo Mower ?

/ What ZD is replacing the discontinued ZD1511 Zero Diesel Turbo Mower ?
Looks like the ZD1611 lost (not listed) the turbo, don’t have any more power than my ZD1511 & went UP $20k in price !!! WoW

That’s insane

Last edited:
   / What ZD is replacing the discontinued ZD1511 Zero Diesel Turbo Mower ? #22  
$6000 increase in 3 years for my zd1211. Kubota is pricing me right out of the diesel mower market.

$6000 increase in 3 years for my zd1211. Kubota is pricing me right out of the diesel mower market.
I love my ZD mowers but I agree.
I won’t be paying their extreme inflated prices.

After Looking at the pic of the new ZD1611 : it appears to still have a turbo but NO WAY on the advertised MSRP

/ What ZD is replacing the discontinued ZD1511 Zero Diesel Turbo Mower ? #25  
I was at a large Kubota dealer 2 years ago and looked at an F3990 just for kicks. It was $29,900.
That’s when I knew I was “getting old”.
Prices now seem so high that I feel left behind in time.
I have “only” $20,000 in a ZD331 72” and an F3680 72” diesel mowers.
I have adjusted my prices for field and large area mowing up for 3 years in a row and still don’t charge enough to cover these kinds of equipment costs.

Sometimes it doesn’t seem like theres enough money in the world to purchase, insure and maintain this equipment any more.

/ What ZD is replacing the discontinued ZD1511 Zero Diesel Turbo Mower ? #26  
I sold my ZD1211 great machine btw but lacked power on my steep hills.

I bought Two ZD1511-72 & absolutely love them but I need more power & an 84 inch single deck for my Hilly 18acre application.

My farm ground is too rough for FD models tiny deck wheels running on the ground.

Pretty short wheelbase - quick to turn but may make fairly rough ride on rough ground?

Exmark Z Diesel:
Exmark Z.png

Tractor will run pretty smooth on rough ground.

Have you considered a wide flail mower with Y-flails as an option?

Last edited:

My tractor runs relatively smooth on rough ground when using a flail mower.

Have you considered a wide flail mower with Y-flails as an option?
I mowed 20yrs with a 4700/4720 JD tractor with - 6ft then 7ft then a 9ft single deck rear finishing mowers.
Smooth ride but took too much time turning around & didnt cut near as good as this Kubota Zero Plus I can trim so much closer with zero.

The 72” zero doesn’t save any time but well worth the mentioned trade offs

When I can get my wife or a helper to run my second 72 inch zero mower : we can get this place mowed in 4.5hrs & this is the BEST method

I use 2815 batwing Bush Hog on my open field twice a month in addition to my weekly zero mowing

I visited an Orange store the other day to buy a $275 tire for one of my ZD1511 :mad: (n)

I asked the salesman about this new ZD1611 & he says they are still not out yet.

He did tell me about the Ferris 48hp 72 inch Zero that they recently started selling.

I lit up when he said 48hp lol
But they are extremely expensive

/ What ZD is replacing the discontinued ZD1511 Zero Diesel Turbo Mower ? #30  
Maybe try out some tracks