What ZD is replacing the discontinued ZD1511 Zero Diesel Turbo Mower ?

/ What ZD is replacing the discontinued ZD1511 Zero Diesel Turbo Mower ? #31  
I'm currently cutting 15 acres with a JD 4700 with a 72 inch finishing mower. and a JD 4320 that also has a 72 inch finishing mower. half is a slight hill. the other half definitely hilly. my daughter uses the 4320 on flatter part of the property. and I use the 4700 on the hilly part. It takes us about 3 hrs and 15 to 30 minutes to get it done. love the finish, and comfort of doing it on the tractors . there always is some weed eater work to do when done. but it isn't bad.

/ What ZD is replacing the discontinued ZD1511 Zero Diesel Turbo Mower ? #32  
For 30-35K, Why not get a WAM or a Kubota with the 100” front decks? You could buy 2 used WAM’s and be done in less time than the new 1600 series with 72” deck. You can get solid used JD 1600 WAMs for 15K. This one has 4WD for rough terrain.
30K + is insane.

1691751632247.jpeg

Here’s a Toro. I like this one For flatter ground.

1691751890367.jpeg

Hustler with 104” cut

1691752199738.jpeg

Last edited:
   / What ZD is replacing the discontinued ZD1511 Zero Diesel Turbo Mower ? #33  
I like that idea. I've considered picking up one of those. There are some really good looking ones online.

There's really nothing out there to replace the ZT for cutting around objects. I cut around my trees for a couple of hours with my 1211 and when I attach the 20' FM I can cut the remainder of the 7 acres in less time than it took me to trim.

/ What ZD is replacing the discontinued ZD1511 Zero Diesel Turbo Mower ? #34  
I like that idea. I've considered picking up one of those. There are some really good looking ones online.

There's really nothing out there to replace the ZT for cutting around objects. I cut around my trees for a couple of hours with my 1211 and when I attach the 20' FM I can cut the remainder of the 7 acres in less time than it took me to trim.

I am heavily considering one. We have some pretty large areas to cut, but our 2 diesel 72” zero turns suffice for now.

I really like the Toro With the Kubota diesel. That thing would easily cut 6-7 acres in an hour.

/ What ZD is replacing the discontinued ZD1511 Zero Diesel Turbo Mower ? #35  
Like you said though, you can't run 2 of them by yourself. LOL.

/ What ZD is replacing the discontinued ZD1511 Zero Diesel Turbo Mower ? #36  
   / What ZD is replacing the discontinued ZD1511 Zero Diesel Turbo Mower ? #37  
Yea, he and I have talked about that a few times. He's like me in that most of what he does he has to do alone. I've had to figure out some ingenious ways to use a C clamp. :ROFLMAO:

/ What ZD is replacing the discontinued ZD1511 Zero Diesel Turbo Mower ? #38  
Just hire someone to do the simple areas and he should do the areas where caution/steep/damage could happen.
A teenager with a few hours training can run a WAM

/ What ZD is replacing the discontinued ZD1511 Zero Diesel Turbo Mower ? #39  
I have a guy that has a landscaping service that I keep tethered for times when I'm out of town working and my 2 acres of yard has to be mowed. He also takes care of the flower beds, shrub trimming and pine straw for us. But it's hard for me to let someone run my equipment.

/ What ZD is replacing the discontinued ZD1511 Zero Diesel Turbo Mower ? #40  
I like the look of that JD WAM! My yard is "only" 10 acres but I would still like to have one of those. I have tried a few different things to try to improve my time. So far my 72" zero turn is the most convenient. It's a Spartan with 36hp Vanguard. It has never felt underpowered but the cut is not the greatest. I have lots of stems, if not for those I could mow much faster. I tried my 1025r with 60 inch belly deck pulling a 60" self powered finish mower offset behind for a 10' cut. But turns are slow and it ends up not really a lot faster than the zero turn its self by the time it's all over. I can cut mine in just around 4 hours. 2 if my wife will run the 1025r on the open areas while I'm cutting around the trees and pond with the ZT.