What's a Ford 4110 selectomatic worth?

/ What's a Ford 4110 selectomatic worth? #3  
The model year range is 1965-1975. It is an LCG derivative of the 4000. Selectospeed trans. can be hard to get parts for, not too many people can repair them since they have been out of production for 35 years.

/ What's a Ford 4110 selectomatic worth? #4  
If it does indeed have the select-o-speed transmission, I would not make a offer. Ken Sweet

/ What's a Ford 4110 selectomatic worth?
OK, thanks. I can get it for $3,000. I will probably pass. If anyone's interested, PM me. Back tires are gigantic galaxy type turfs. They look near new. Tractor looks good.

/ What's a Ford 4110 selectomatic worth? #6  
We had a Ford 901 SOS growing up. I loved it, though I never had to work on it. When working properly, the SOS is great. I don't remember ever having trouble with it, but that could just be my memory. Before passing, I'd check with local dealers and see if they're familiar with them. If you don't have a local dealer that's can help out in case you do have a problem, then I would pass.

/ What's a Ford 4110 selectomatic worth? #7  
3000 dollars is to high for a tractor with a select o speed trans they can end up costing more to fix if something goes wrong in the trans than they are worth

/ What's a Ford 4110 selectomatic worth? #8  
Ford did not walk away from the SOS technology because it worked well and lasted a long long time.

We had a guy who until about 80 years old would rebuild them well but I never bought one. The boys with them when I was a boy abused the heck out of them. When ice was one the ground they would get them going fast and go to high reverse so they could be going forward with the tires turning backwards.:mad:

Even as a kid this made me sick. Dad had to fix our stuff when it broke so he taught me to respect the machines that helped us make a living.

/ What's a Ford 4110 selectomatic worth? #9  
I keep threatoning to buy a machine with an SOS.. but just like the 5spds and 8spds and even 4 spds too much.

If the trans works, drives in all ranges and temps, and has no hesitations.. it may be a decent unit... it's one of those things where if a problem develops.. it can be 25 cents or 2500$.. I've seen the shifter cables go for 200-300$ !!

good luck.

soundguy

/ What's a Ford 4110 selectomatic worth? #10  
We did have a fellow that could work on the SOS and he always had 2-3 in line at his back door. Sadly, he passed away recently and now no one around works on them here, Except a Ford/NH dealer$$$. Ken Sweet