What's a Ford 4110 selectomatic worth?

/ What's a Ford 4110 selectomatic worth? #21  
mine had a hyd blade and no rippers. ( my d8 had a ripper though.. )

on that 2000$ sos tractor.

yep.. if it ran good.. that would be worth a gamble.

you could always scab an 8spd into it.. or something if you needed to and still not be too bad.

soundguy

/ What's a Ford 4110 selectomatic worth? #22  
yea cause u can get an 8 sp for about 1500 at a salvage yard

/ What's a Ford 4110 selectomatic worth? #23  
yea cause u can get an 8 sp for about 1500 at a salvage yard

Just be sure to get the differential housing or at leat the ring & pinion to go along with the 8 speed tranny. Anybody ever driven an 8 speed transmission bolted to an SOS final drive? They go pretty fast.

/ What's a Ford 4110 selectomatic worth? #24  
Our Ford 5000 (gasser) has a SOS transmission and its been great so far. We used to use it for plowing/discing when we did tobacco, then for several years it has been relegated to hay mowing. After my Dad bought his DK55, we haven't used it except for pulling a few hay trailers.

Never had any problems with the SOS, and he bought the thing at an auction in the mid-eighties (I think it is a 63 or 67, but I'm not sure at all). I always enjoyed driving it, because it had power steering and the 2000 that we had didn't (plus, I could pull a BIG disk - I think 10' instead of the 6' disk with the 2000). Pop always told us to clutch it every time shifting gears, and we did, soooo....

Good luck and take care.

/ What's a Ford 4110 selectomatic worth?
No, it's a D6-4R1. I believe it is the model prior to the 9-U model. Still has a pony motor that most people hate, me I like them, ours starts with 2 pulls and it sure is nice to have it warm up the big engine.:thumbsup: We paid $2000 for the tractor with a cable blade and $1000 for a 6 yard pull can, 30" deep 3 shank subsoiler and 12' Kielfer (JD) offset disk.

Like I said earlier, this thing paid for itself 10 times over vs renting that type of equipment to work on our property.

Man that's some place you got there. :thumbsup: Looks like another world to me. Only time I was out to the desert was in '96. Me and my wife rented a convertible and drove all over the Rt66 corridor, N. Arizona, Sedona, etc. I hiked from the top of the GC to the river at the bottom. We really wanted to move to Sedona.

/ What's a Ford 4110 selectomatic worth? #26  
   / What's a Ford 4110 selectomatic worth? #27  
i don't know where you are located.. but if you are looking for a cheap 4000 sized ford machine with an sos.. i saw one in a texas classified for 1200$

Ford 4000 diesel with working sos, tires90% runs good Condition: good Price: 1200
Phone: 9035133261 Located in: alba, TX, USA Contact: william

no relation to the seller.. just posting it. doesn't mention if it is a 4 cyl or 3 cyl.. but if a 3 cyl and runs good and drives..has working hyds and pto that's a good price. heck.. would be for a 4 cyl as well :)

you just have to buy them sos units low just to make sure.. :)

soundguy

/ What's a Ford 4110 selectomatic worth? #28  
which classifieds did u find the 4000 in soundguy im needin one for the motor and tires

/ What's a Ford 4110 selectomatic worth? #29  
which classifieds did u find the 4000 in soundguy im needin one for the motor and tires

ytmag. texas is pretty close to you.. :) for 1200$.. you might have just found one.

I drive thru la to get to texas on tractor hunti trips... good stopover after that dern 18 mile bridge on my way to houston.. :)

soundguy

/ What's a Ford 4110 selectomatic worth? #30  
yea im about 15 miles away from the texas state line