What's a Ford 4110 selectomatic worth?

/ What's a Ford 4110 selectomatic worth? #11  
our NH dealer won't even look at them.

sadly.. there used to be a few 'go to' guys across the country that did sos work. as the years pass.. the go to list is getting smaller and smaller.

soundguy

/ What's a Ford 4110 selectomatic worth? #12  
and the shift cables are normally what cause your problems wtih these tractors cause they stretch if you are not careful when shifting

/ What's a Ford 4110 selectomatic worth? #13  
OK, thanks. I can get it for $3,000. I will probably pass. If anyone's interested, PM me. Back tires are gigantic galaxy type turfs. They look near new. Tractor looks good.

To me it's just a gamble. If it looks and works good, then maybe it was taken care of. If you buy it and can get more than 3k worth of work with it, then your ahead of the game. Most people would never have bought the D6 that we have, figuring that it would break and cost a fortune to fix. And they are right it would, but for what we have in it, it has paid for itself 10 times over and when it does break, if it is not easy and cheap to fix, it goes to scrap, it's already more than paid for itself.

When buying used equipment, you put limits on what you are willing to spend on it up front and when it costs more than your set limit to repair and or maintain, then the machine is done. Pretty simple and that has worked for us over the years.

/ What's a Ford 4110 selectomatic worth? #14  
not a D6 9-U is it? I drove an old 60's???model had a pony motor to start it. think liked to throw tracks if you didn't hold yer tounge right.. and old grease ram cline adjustment to keep the tracts tensioned was a SOB. Bought it for 6000$.. used it ? 10ys at least... rented it out one year to a place doing land clearing.. they paid 3000$ in rent.. then asked to buy it.. sold it for 6000$ :) ( bought a d8 later on )

soundguy

/ What's a Ford 4110 selectomatic worth?
OK, good enough. I'll take a pass. I thought a 63HP diesel tractor that ran & looked fine with good tires would be worth a shot. My plan was to mount a front sweepster on it. He's aking $3,000, but could get it for $2,000.

Looks like I should pass due to trans unreliability.

/ What's a Ford 4110 selectomatic worth? #16  
it would be worth the gamble if thats all u was going to use it for as long as u make sure u dont try to jam it from one gear to the other and make sure to use the clutch some people think u dont have to but u do are u will stretch the cables and it will cause u not to beable to get into some of the gears and they are really hard to work on but i believe its work a gamble i would buy it if it is around my neck of the woods just to have to rake hay with

/ What's a Ford 4110 selectomatic worth? #17  
If it runs thru all ranges and r1/2 hot and cold.. then it's likely ok.

if it has a pto.. check it's function under load.

if all ok NAD you can get it for 2000$ pull the trigger.

soundguy

/ What's a Ford 4110 selectomatic worth? #18  
I would not touch a SOS with a ten foot pole... Never owned one but I read TBN daily each and ever day.

mark

/ What's a Ford 4110 selectomatic worth? #19  
but for 2000 it really aint a gamble more like a steal and like soundguy said i would check all the gears and the pto but i agree for 2000 i would get it

/ What's a Ford 4110 selectomatic worth? #20  
not a D6 9-U is it? I drove an old 60's???model had a pony motor to start it. think liked to throw tracks if you didn't hold yer tounge right.. and old grease ram cline adjustment to keep the tracts tensioned was a SOB. Bought it for 6000$.. used it ? 10ys at least... rented it out one year to a place doing land clearing.. they paid 3000$ in rent.. then asked to buy it.. sold it for 6000$ :) ( bought a d8 later on )

soundguy

No, it's a D6-4R1. I believe it is the model prior to the 9-U model. Still has a pony motor that most people hate, me I like them, ours starts with 2 pulls and it sure is nice to have it warm up the big engine.:thumbsup: We paid $2000 for the tractor with a cable blade and $1000 for a 6 yard pull can, 30" deep 3 shank subsoiler and 12' Kielfer (JD) offset disk.

Like I said earlier, this thing paid for itself 10 times over vs renting that type of equipment to work on our property.

Attachments

• P1080066.JPG
    P1080066.JPG
    119.5 KB · Views: 147
  • p1080068.jpg
    p1080068.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 134
  • IMG_0224.JPG
    IMG_0224.JPG
    145.3 KB · Views: 136