WHAT'S GOING ON WITH THIS SITE?

/ WHAT'S GOING ON WITH THIS SITE? #1  

Muleskinner

Gold Member
Tractor
2015 KUBOTA B2650ROPS
Our Avatar pictures are gone, can't log onto thread topics from the home page and the posting spell check is gone?

/ WHAT'S GOING ON WITH THIS SITE? #2  
They had a message up about a week ago that everything was being transferred to new servers with more storage capacity. Apparently, they've changed the format some as well; to me, that would indicate new program software. There seem to be a lot less options and things run more slowly. Personally, I don't like the changes at all.

/ WHAT'S GOING ON WITH THIS SITE? #3  
Yes, they've changed the software. I too was a bit lost at the beginning but you'll cope with the new software quickly. Don't worry, it'll be OK. There are more fonctions than with the previous one. :confused: :eek:

/ WHAT'S GOING ON WITH THIS SITE? #4  
I was able to find where to upload the avatar. Its in the home page part where we the "user' makes the settings for ourselves. I had to resize my photo o n a resizing website to get it on , but it went on. My original didnt survive the change.
Go to user CP (control panel) the select avatar..

http://www.picresize.com/

Its going to take some time to get used to Im sure. I wonder if we can still "save' favorite threads?

OK just found how to save them its a subscription to them very easy ..

But how does one change the fonts?

I learn something new each visit. Like the previous poster has found a way to change the fonts ..Hmm something for me to try to find today.

Change is good. If they didnt change from that DOS computer format, I wouldnt be using a computer..LOL
Allan

/ WHAT'S GOING ON WITH THIS SITE? #5  
I have a question for those who are doing well with this transition:

On the topic listings for an individual forum; how do you tell which topics have received new responses since your last visit?

They used to rise to the top of the list and be highlighted in yellow. I liked that.

The new software appears to have fixed something that wasn't broken.
Bob

/ WHAT'S GOING ON WITH THIS SITE? #6  
Bob_Young said:

On the topic listings for an individual forum; how do you tell which topics have received new responses since your last visit?

They used to rise to the top of the list and be highlighted in yellow. I liked that.

Yes, I liked that too. But it appears that if you mark the forum as "all read" when you leave it then when you return the ones with new messages will again rise to the top. No yellow highlighting, though.

As far as fixing something that wasn't broken, the folks that run this board have stated that there were LOTS of things broken and the only way to fix them was to switch software. Since they administer this enormous enterprise for free and would have nothing to gain by doing all this work if it wasn't necessary, I'm inclined to believe them. We will get used to the new software soon enough and wonder what all the fuss was about!:D

/ WHAT'S GOING ON WITH THIS SITE? #7  
The only (significant) downside I have encountered so far is that all my "saved threads" are gone, gone, gone. Geez Louise, I had saved threads that had some important (to me) little tech details, and now I'll have to rely on the "search" function to see if I can ever find them again. Arrrrrggghhh!!!

/ WHAT'S GOING ON WITH THIS SITE? #8  
I hope they return the font changes. Geeze, all is so small it is real hard for me to read, at least the old system I could change it to extral large fonts

/ WHAT'S GOING ON WITH THIS SITE? #9  
Bob_Young said:

The new software appears to have fixed something that wasn't broken.
Bob

I see that the new posts are now shown in bold print instead of yellow. I assume that the new replies will go to the top.

They still have work to do though. The home page is still directed to the non-existant pages. The latest is not always the greatest.

/ WHAT'S GOING ON WITH THIS SITE? #10  
tracdoc said:
The only (significant) downside I have encountered so far is that all my "saved threads" are gone, gone, gone. Geez Louise, I had saved threads that had some important (to me) little tech details, and now I'll have to rely on the "search" function to see if I can ever find them again. Arrrrrggghhh!!!

I always print those tech tips and put them in a folder. You just can't rely on things to stay on the web forever.