WHAT'S GOING ON WITH THIS SITE?

/ WHAT'S GOING ON WITH THIS SITE? #23  
I am using IE7.0 and can increase the page size by 1000% and reduce it to 10% by holding the Ctrl key down and turning the scroll wheel on my mouse. I like the new format and find it very easy to navigate, however, I have lots of experiance working with VB software.

/ WHAT'S GOING ON WITH THIS SITE? #24  
SeymourBota said:
At the top of the page, expand the "Thread Tools" option by clicking on it. You will get a 'subscribe' option to click.

Thanks SeymourBota! I will give this a try.

/ WHAT'S GOING ON WITH THIS SITE? #25  
Stef said:
Yes, they've changed the software. I too was a bit lost at the beginning but you'll cope with the new software quickly. Don't worry, it'll be OK. There are more fonctions than with the previous one. :confused: :eek:

What happened to the search function?

It never was great to start, but now will not search on 3 letter words, and when it does do hits, gives a bunch of un related stuff?

/ WHAT'S GOING ON WITH THIS SITE? #26  
Just have to be patient, Mike. They have a lot of indexing to do to get the search function working well, but I'll bet it will in the not too distant future.

/ WHAT'S GOING ON WITH THIS SITE? #27  
I pretty much have gotten used to most of the new setup. There are three things that I do wish were different.
1. Something like we did have to show which post that you are referring to when you post a new one. The way it is now you have to put the persons name in the post or you have to quote it. I know that I usually forget to do either. :confused:
2. When you put in a link, you can’t add a title to it. The whole link shows up.
3. I can’t right click to paste when writing a post. I have to go to the top of the browser to paste. I use Mozilla SeaMonkey. Of course, that may have something to do with my machine and not TBN.:(

Muhammad and family are doing a fantastic job and I for one appreciate all of the hard work that it is taking to keep this site the best on the net.

/ WHAT'S GOING ON WITH THIS SITE? #28  
JerryG said:
2. When you put in a link, you can’t add a title to it. The whole link shows up.

Sure you can. Here's the link to explain the VB Code that. VB Code

Example: TractorByNet

To cut and paste just do a Ctrl C to copy and Ctrl V to paste.

GEEZ took like 5 minutes to be able to post this replay.

Last edited:
   / WHAT'S GOING ON WITH THIS SITE? #29  
JerryG said:
1. Click on the Link icon
2. You are prompted for the URL, but unlike the old software, you are not prompted for a Title. Instead, vBulletin;

A. Adds the URL code to your post.
B. Makes the Title the same as the URL
C. Highlights the Title text, so when you type your Title, it replaces what it put there.

It's easy to miss the highlighted text and use the entire URL as the Title.

JerryG said:
3. I can’t right click to paste when writing a post. I have to go to the top of the browser to paste. I use Mozilla SeaMonkey. Of course, that may have something to do with my machine and not TBN.
It must, because in Firefox I can right click and get all the usual Copy, Paste, etc.