WHAT'S GOING ON WITH THIS SITE?

/ WHAT'S GOING ON WITH THIS SITE? #11  
Along with the server upgrades, the site software has switched to vbulletin. This is a popular and powerful Board software package. Several boards I subscribe to run this package.
We will have to locate all those old 'favorite' threads and I agree that will be a pain. If I had known it was coming, I would have written thread titles & dates down. Once we find them, we can subscribe to them and that will preserve them going forward.

Change is always tough at first.

/ WHAT'S GOING ON WITH THIS SITE? #12  
LarryRB said:
I hope they return the font changes. Geeze, all is so small it is real hard for me to read, at least the old system I could change it to extral large fonts

Larry -

You should be able to change the size of your screen font size in ANY Internet Explorer window - there should be a couple of ways to do this:

1) From I.E. go to View --> Text Size
2) If you have a "scroll mouse" - if you hold the CTRL key and scroll your mouse - you should see the font sizes getting larger / smaller
3) On my keyboard (MS Office) at home - I could press CTRL + " +" or CTRL + " - " and get the same results as using the scroll mouse....but interestingly - this DOESNT work on my work PC? So YMMV.... :D

May be a bit unrelated - but there are a host of "Windows Shortcuts" that most people are not aware of - or only aware of a handful like "cut & paste". This website has a nice overview:

http://www.computerhope.com/shortcut.htm

I just did a Google search for "Windows Shortcut Keys" and got plenty of hits...

Hope that helps!

Dan

/ WHAT'S GOING ON WITH THIS SITE? #13  
Well....I seem to have spoken too quickly! The fonts do NOT seem to want to resize on the threads here... DOH!

It DOES work on the Win-Shortcuts page that I linked to....Oh well - get out the coke bottles! :D

Sorry for any "false hope"...

Dan

/ WHAT'S GOING ON WITH THIS SITE? #14  
SeymourBota said:
Change is always tough at first.

That is for sure. The old dreaded learning curve.

The job of changing this forum over has to be a big one. There are bound to be things lost in process. I'm sure it will take a bit before all the bugs are worked out. I am thankful the forum will continue.

/ WHAT'S GOING ON WITH THIS SITE? #15  
Speaking of working within the new set-up, I am still trying to learn how to add threads to your saved favorites under your profile. I usually check off this option when replying to threads, but it doesn't seem to work. I would also like to save threads that have good info that I haven't replied to. Any input on this? Thanks!

/ WHAT'S GOING ON WITH THIS SITE? #16  
DanR67 said:
Larry -

You should be able to change the size of your screen font size in ANY Internet Explorer window - there should be a couple of ways to do this:

Not if the developer of the website used CSS and dictated what s/he wanted as the size. Those text areas are fixed and won't resize using the IE Text Size.

/ WHAT'S GOING ON WITH THIS SITE? #17  
boatermark said:
Speaking of working within the new set-up, I am still trying to learn how to add threads to your saved favorites under your profile. I usually check off this option when replying to threads, but it doesn't seem to work. I would also like to save threads that have good info that I haven't replied to. Any input on this? Thanks!
At the top of the page, expand the "Thread Tools" option by clicking on it. You will get a 'subscribe' option to click.

/ WHAT'S GOING ON WITH THIS SITE? #18  
Mule go look at arboristsite.com and you will see what going on with this site.
I had double post one night for every single reply so I would go back into it and delete the second post for the same reply. As far as spelling we will see who the engineers are now. They like numbers and can't speal worth a dawm.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

/ WHAT'S GOING ON WITH THIS SITE? #19  
I tried everyones sugggestions to size up the fonts., and none of them work... I even changed to 10 threads per page hoping this would enlarge fonts but no go..

/ WHAT'S GOING ON WITH THIS SITE? #20  
LarryRB said:
I tried everyones sugggestions to size up the fonts., and none of them work...

That's because currently there is only ONE (1) style sheet to use for this forum. I can't wait for the 'boys' to offer others -- especially the one that REDUCES the font size.

Something like this would be perfect.