What's the best 12V DC power source for my fueling station?

/ What's the best 12V DC power source for my fueling station? #31  
Thanks. The nice thing about these racing terminals is that I have them wired straight to the battery so in the event I need to jump the tractor off I have the terminals there to do it without lifting the hood.

/ What's the best 12V DC power source for my fueling station? #32  
I need to improve the power source for my farm’s diesel fueling station. I need something more reliable.

The 12V DC transfer pump is mounted on an 500 gal. tank outdoors. I currently have just a tractor and ATV requiring diesel, (though this could change), so it doesn’t get used more than once every few months unless it’s growing/tilling season. When I set it up about 10 years ago, I thought the easiest way was to get power from the fueled unit through its cig lighter/DC power port, but this has its problems. Sometimes – especially when I want to fuel them both at the same time - the draw heats up the plug and on occasion pops the inline fuse or even the fuse on the vehicle’s DC port. Then everything comes to a halt while I go fuse hunting. Recently, I suspect it may have even torched the wiring to the ATV's DC port, since I had the dealer tech up the fuse's spec to handle the pump draw. And it seems to vary depending on ambient temperature. I’ve cut down the wire leading to the pump to the minimum needed to reach the vehicle, but it remains an ongoing problem.

The fuel station is within about 20 feet from an inside-accessed AC power outlet, and I’m wondering if some beefy DC power supply would work better; I could run it out to the station only when needed. But after a quick look at these, it seems many are more suited to audio and electronics test bench situations than my ag application.

I am currently renewing all components of the fuel station – pump and motor, hose and nozzle, etc. – and need to get rid of these nagging DC power issues. Trolling for suggestions, wondering what others might be using in a similar setup. Your thoughts on the subject would be welcome. Thank you.

~Lefty7
I have a 100 Gal tank that I use for my tractor. I just use a spare battery and charge it when it gets low.

/ What's the best 12V DC power source for my fueling station? #33  
I put a battery on my tank. I considered using some alligator clips and hooking it it to what I was fueling but I figured I would get annoyed with those. The battery last a long time and it wasn’t even a good battery. I pumped 150 gallons with it and it really hadn’t slowed down I just charged it when I had the opportunity.
IMG_5621.JPG

/ What's the best 12V DC power source for my fueling station? #34  
In the OPs case since it's 20 feet from ac power it's a no-brainer to simply go with an ac pump. 12V you have a battery to replace and maintain. Also I'd look at manual crank pumps which are inexpensive and don't need power at all except a little muscle!

/ What's the best 12V DC power source for my fueling station? #35  
I need to improve the power source for my farm’s diesel fueling station. I need something more reliable.

The 12V DC transfer pump is mounted on an 500 gal. tank outdoors. I currently have just a tractor and ATV requiring diesel, (though this could change), so it doesn’t get used more than once every few months unless it’s growing/tilling season. When I set it up about 10 years ago, I thought the easiest way was to get power from the fueled unit through its cig lighter/DC power port, but this has its problems. Sometimes – especially when I want to fuel them both at the same time - the draw heats up the plug and on occasion pops the inline fuse or even the fuse on the vehicle’s DC port. Then everything comes to a halt while I go fuse hunting. Recently, I suspect it may have even torched the wiring to the ATV's DC port, since I had the dealer tech up the fuse's spec to handle the pump draw. And it seems to vary depending on ambient temperature. I’ve cut down the wire leading to the pump to the minimum needed to reach the vehicle, but it remains an ongoing problem.

The fuel station is within about 20 feet from an inside-accessed AC power outlet, and I’m wondering if some beefy DC power supply would work better; I could run it out to the station only when needed. But after a quick look at these, it seems many are more suited to audio and electronics test bench situations than my ag application.

I am currently renewing all components of the fuel station – pump and motor, hose and nozzle, etc. – and need to get rid of these nagging DC power issues. Trolling for suggestions, wondering what others might be using in a similar setup. Your thoughts on the subject would be welcome. Thank you.

~Lefty7
A 120 volt pump would be the direction that I'd head in. And if your 12 volt pump is any good at all you can sell it to a contractor or excavation company.

That's my two cents. Hope it helps

/ What's the best 12V DC power source for my fueling station? #36  
Battery quick disconnect can put it where you want just put a 100 amp circuit breaker for safety

/ What's the best 12V DC power source for my fueling station? #37  
I got an old battery charger with 2-10a selection, cut the leads off and wired it to my 12v pump. Set it to 10a 12v and always on. Plugged it in and it works great.

/ What's the best 12V DC power source for my fueling station? #39  
I got an old battery charger with 2-10a selection, cut the leads off and wired it to my 12v pump. Set it to 10a 12v and always on. Plugged it in and it works great.
As long as you have ac power available. But then you wouldn't need a 12 volt pump

/ What's the best 12V DC power source for my fueling station? #40  
As long as you have ac power available. But then you wouldn't need a 12 volt pump
My fueling station is parked in the shop, it's a 55gal drum. Tractors and mowers go to it. But I suspect if I didn't have 110v I could just run it off the tractor that's carrying it. Trailer harness would be sufficient for a quick disconnect.

I bought a 12v pump because 110v was cheaper, and 12v is easier to find. I can run it from vehicle or with a 12v power supply. If I have a 110v pump, I'd need an inverter to convert 12v to 110v.