What's the best 12V DC power source for my fueling station?

/ What's the best 12V DC power source for my fueling station? #42  
There are a bunch of other SAE ACCESSORIES as well as most battery tenders plug into them as well
IMG_0648.png

/ What's the best 12V DC power source for my fueling station? #43  
I put a battery and a solar charger on my fuel trailer. The waterproof controller for the solar panel has a port for attaching a 12V light, which I have not done yet. The solar panel is not tied down do I can take it off in bad weather or when I tow it to get filled.

20230812_133339.jpg

20230812_132209.jpg

/ What's the best 12V DC power source for my fueling station? #45  
I need to improve the power source for my farm’s diesel fueling station. I need something more reliable.

The 12V DC transfer pump is mounted on an 500 gal. tank outdoors. I currently have just a tractor and ATV requiring diesel, (though this could change), so it doesn’t get used more than once every few months unless it’s growing/tilling season. When I set it up about 10 years ago, I thought the easiest way was to get power from the fueled unit through its cig lighter/DC power port, but this has its problems. Sometimes – especially when I want to fuel them both at the same time - the draw heats up the plug and on occasion pops the inline fuse or even the fuse on the vehicle’s DC port. Then everything comes to a halt while I go fuse hunting. Recently, I suspect it may have even torched the wiring to the ATV's DC port, since I had the dealer tech up the fuse's spec to handle the pump draw. And it seems to vary depending on ambient temperature. I’ve cut down the wire leading to the pump to the minimum needed to reach the vehicle, but it remains an ongoing problem.

The fuel station is within about 20 feet from an inside-accessed AC power outlet, and I’m wondering if some beefy DC power supply would work better; I could run it out to the station only when needed. But after a quick look at these, it seems many are more suited to audio and electronics test bench situations than my ag application.

I am currently renewing all components of the fuel station – pump and motor, hose and nozzle, etc. – and need to get rid of these nagging DC power issues. Trolling for suggestions, wondering what others might be using in a similar setup. Your thoughts on the subject would be welcome. Thank you.

~Lefty7
Since you have a AC Power outlet close I would use a AC to DC converter.

/ What's the best 12V DC power source for my fueling station?
I appreciate your thoughts, Mr. Gator6x4, but frankly I see no big advantage in doing so. It's gonna be a lot more convenient for me to clamp onto a battery I bring out in the FEL than to run 20' of AC line out to the fueling station every time I need to fuel up.

/ What's the best 12V DC power source for my fueling station? #47  
Depends on how often you fuel tractor, but only recharged 2x a year.

/ What's the best 12V DC power source for my fueling station?
OK, here's a related question:

If I'm powering the pump with an independent aux battery, is the inline fuse really necessary or not?

/ What's the best 12V DC power source for my fueling station? #49  
It certainly will not hurt anything and if the pump motor locks up it will prevent the wire from becoming an electrical fire.
A fuse is to protect the wiring going to something. Almost always a good idea.

/ What's the best 12V DC power source for my fueling station? #50  
If you raised tank up 5-6 feet you could gravity fill. No electricity or anything. All you would need would be a few steps for delivery guy.
My excavator neighbor/friend's tank is like that and he fills his truck, Bobcat, track hoe, etc. that way. No pump or power.