What's you're favorite brand(s) of tools

/ What's you're favorite brand(s) of tools #1  

tybee

Tractor
Kubota B7100HST-D
I know a lot of you guys are probably like me and are pretty particular about what brands of tools you rely on and keep in your kit. I've never been fond of one brand for everything but generally I find that I prefer one brand of a particular tool over another.

When I reach for my Vice grips I want Vice grip branded Vice grips.

For an adjustable spanner wrench I want a Crescent branded Crescent wrench.

For tongue and groove pliers I want Channel-locks.

For screw drivers I prefer the old style Craftsman with the straight handle and the rounded knob on the end.

For sockets and ratchets I prefer $nap On. I can't afford them and usually end up using Craftsman or Husky but I really like those $nap On ratchets.

For Welders: well I don't weld but I've been thinking of taking it up. What do you guys think. Should I get the cheap HF welder or should I spend a little more for the Northern or hold out for the Miller or Lincoln? And what's the best type of welder for a beginner wanting to stick together a few pieces of angle iron? A stick welder? Flux core? Or Mig?

For files it's Nicholson.

For punch down tools it's Harris.

For meters it's Fluke.

I'm sure I'll think of more.

/ What's you're favorite brand(s) of tools #2  
For drills and bits - DeWalt

/ What's you're favorite brand(s) of tools #4  
Wrenches, sockets, screwdrivers: Craftsman

Files: Nicholson

Punches: Hargrave (I think thats how its spelled)

Pneumatic tools: Ingersol Rand (I especially like my 2135Ti 1/2" Impact)

cordless tools: Makita

Corded Power: Porter Cable. Not the best but the best for the money

Toolboxes: Kennedy

Hex-keys: Allen Brand

Electrical tools: Klein

Precision Measurment: Either Mititoyo or Starret

Welders: Honestly I have only ran a miller once and a small lincoln 110v a few times. My welder is a Linde 225a (Linde is now ESAB). We had a ThermalArc 350A Mig where I used to work and it was a nice welder as well. The stick welder we use is an old craftsman. A lot bigger than the lincolns that are always for sale for under $100. This thing is about the size of a mini fridge and has the plug in cables to adjust amperage. But it welds like a dream.

Thats all I can come up with off the top of my head.

Fogot...Hammers: Estwing

/ What's you're favorite brand(s) of tools #6  
My cordless tool vote goes to Ridgid.I like their 10" portable table saw and some of their corded tools as well.

/ What's you're favorite brand(s) of tools #7  
For ratchets, sockets, and combination wrenches SK tools have always outlasted all the rest for me. All my adjustable wrenches are Crescent. For screwdrivers and pliers Klein Tools make the very best. Nothing even close to Klein. Try a pair of Klein Journeyman pliers the next time you do fence work. I probably have 50 screwdrivers. I have three Klein screwdrivers. I'll fish through the 50 to get to any of the three Klein every time.

/ What's you're favorite brand(s) of tools #8  

Depends what you are hammering. For driving nails all day, try a Stiletto Titanium. Outrageously expensive, but a full-size framing hammer is only 15 oz and drives nails faster than a 24 oz framer.

/ What's you're favorite brand(s) of tools #9  

Depends what you are hammering. For driving nails all day, try a Stiletto Titanium. Outrageously expensive, but a full-size framing hammer is only 15 oz and drives nails faster than a 24 oz framer.

Bostich nail gun that shoots 3.5" nails for that. Bout the only nails I hammer anymore are if I only have to do one here or there to hang something up.

/ What's you're favorite brand(s) of tools #10  
Bostich nail gun that shoots 3.5" nails for that. Bout the only nails I hammer anymore are if I only have to do one here or there to hang something up.

Thank God for Nail Guns, I use a Porter Cable framing nailer, The only time I use a hammer is when I goofed and put nails were they shouldn't have gone. Then I am only using the claw of the hammer to pull the nails out.
Other tool brands I use have already been mentioned I personally like snap on or Matco but usually use what ever I can afford and if I can't afford it I will jerryrig something to get the job done. Garage sales are a great place to buy tools on the Cheap!