What's you're favorite brand(s) of tools

/ What's you're favorite brand(s) of tools #11  
For mechanics tools it is Snap-on, Mac, Wright, SK, Proto, OTC, all American forged is the best.
Buy quality tools. Cheap tools = busted knuckles. Cheap tools cost more in the long run, and frequently in the short run too.

I bought most of my Snap On tools in 1978 and 99.9% of them never broke, chipped, slipped, or rusted. The ones that broke were my fault every time. Those same wrenches and sockets are still serving me perfectly 32 years later and look new.

/ What's you're favorite brand(s) of tools #12  
hammers Estwing
hand tools snap on : craftsman is ok : kobalt was ok
cordless makita dewalt porter cable
wood working delta rockwell some craftsman
fluke, klien, channel lock, vise grip, welder-lincoln or miller
air tools ingersol rand or high end stuff like snap on or mac
gas power tools stihl
screw drivers snap on before the rubber grip
pipi wrenches -rigid

tractor New Holland:thumbsup:

/ What's you're favorite brand(s) of tools #13  
I like Senco or Paslode when it comes to air nailers but I am sure there are some other good brands out there. I have a HF small air staple gun that works great and at 16.99 it has really surprised me.

Never heard any reports about the HF welders, my 35 yr old Marquette stick welder still serves me good. Have a Miller Mig welder.

I learned a good socket or end wrench works best on really tight or tough bolts. 6 point will break loose a tough bolt a lot quicker than a 12 point. As long as it is truly American made I find the quality to be good. I will buy used American before I buy chinese when it comes to hand or power tools usually. I like doing my shopping at used mdse auctions, some great deals there.

/ What's you're favorite brand(s) of tools #14  
John Deere. Chevrolet. Snap on. Dewalt. Glock. Benelli. Mercury. Kershaw.

/ What's you're favorite brand(s) of tools #15  
Kubota & John Deere - just depends on model
Cat for the big toys
Toro & DitchWitch - Trenchers
Husquvarna - saws
Snap-On Otc & S&K - hand tools
Milwaukee - cordless tools
Miller - welding/plasma cutters
Harbor Frieght tools - boat anchors
I call a carpenter when it involves a 2x4 or nail.

/ What's you're favorite brand(s) of tools #16  

Depends what you are hammering. For driving nails all day, try a Stiletto Titanium. Outrageously expensive, but a full-size framing hammer is only 15 oz and drives nails faster than a 24 oz framer.

I have the same hammer. It was definatly worth the $$.:thumbsup:

/ What's you're favorite brand(s) of tools #17  
The OP may have started a post with a long life; so I'll add my 2-cents in no particular order.

Welders: Miller or Lincoln, maybe Hobart (Miller Lite).

Pliers: Channellock

Electrical tools: Klein

Diagnostic meters: Fluke

Cordless & corded: Bosch, Milwaukee (no longer on my "buy no questions asked" list due to being made in China and owned by the same company that makes Ryobi crap).

Mechanics tools: Snap-On in a perfect world; but most of mine are Crapsman.

Machinery: Tough call in our global economy; but I own Jet (drill press, air cleaners), Wilton (vertical bandsaw), Crapsman (table saw & compressor), Delta (10" bench grinder), Grizzly (5"x6" horizontal miter bandsaw).

Allen wrenches: Bondhus

Measuring tools: In a perfect world, Starrett, followed by Mitutoyo and Brown & Sharpe.

Outdoor equipment: Deere 4200 CUT, Deere L(emon)-130 lawn tractor, Deere split-boom gas trimmer, Bush-Hog RZ-60 rotary cutter, Land-Pride quick-hitch, FIMCO 55-gallon sprayer, Frontier/Woods/Deere RB-72 rear blade, King Kutter 1,000-pound carryall.

Cars & trucks: Honda cars & Ford trucks.

Computers: Whatever non-Apple brand pisses me off the least at the moment.

Printers & scanners: Whatever brand pisses me off the least at the moment.

Software: AutoCAD, PaintShop Pro, Microsquish Office, Quicken, Adoobie Acrobat for my main applications.

I'm sure I'll think of others.

/ What's you're favorite brand(s) of tools #18  
HARBOR FREIGHT!!!!! YEAH!!!! That is what I use for my take along kit and junk yard kit!!!

I have lost too darn many Proto's by taking them out of the shop. Cheap tools for the junk yard is the only way to go.

My father worked for Proto (Ingersoll Rand then Stanley) for 30 years as an engineer and plant manager. I am very spoiled when it comes to tools. But I have learned my lesson about taking the good stuff out of the shop. The cheap tools are also great for the buddy that needs to borrow something... they pay for themselves right there!

Sorry to say that my father spent the last 5 years of his career before he retired working in Taiwan. There is a law about what percent of the tool can be finished overseas and what percent has to be fished here to still be "made in the USA". The tools that Stanley actually manufactures in Taiwan are quite good... the stuff they buy from sub contractors and third part manufactures are the lousy ones. You can't really tell by looking at them in the package though.

Milwaukee for corded drills and Dewalt for cordless. Skill for skill saws. Porter Cable for sanders. Big floor tools (Table saws, radial arm saws, drill presses)... the earlier and the heavier the better! Lincon for welders... how else would you make a proper Lincon Locker?

/ What's you're favorite brand(s) of tools
I've gone through Bondhus, Eklind, Craftsman, Husky and about every brand you can think of and so far my favorite brand of Allen wrenches are Wiha. If you haven't tried them do yourself a favor. This is a tool I use everyday and these Wiha's outlast the others by a long shot. There's not any comparison.

/ What's you're favorite brand(s) of tools #20  
Multi-pliers,machete's,tree saw's for shooting lanes,and some knives.GERBER:)
Boone

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    987.3 KB · Views: 123