What's you're favorite brand(s) of tools

/ What's you're favorite brand(s) of tools #91  
A metal spoon..........to eat some Ben & Jerry's ice cream :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Its the brand of metal spoon we're looking for here. So you use just any brand for Ben and Jerry's?

The tools that do the job and cost me the least amount of money are my favorite brands. What caught my eye were the number of people who specify Starrett and other expensive micrometers and such when the $10 H.F. tools measure just fine to .001". I've built many model engines using H.F. measuring equipment with accuracy to .0005" in some places.

The only tool I have that I might be inclined to brag about would be my Kubota. Oh, and maybe my i7 processor...

/ What's you're favorite brand(s) of tools #93  
My favourite brand of tools to fix anything are, duct tape, a crecent wrench, and vise grips. Duct tape would be duck brand of course.

/ What's you're favorite brand(s) of tools #94  
Williams ratchets. Fine toothed and they don't strip out.

/ What's you're favorite brand(s) of tools #95  
As I may have said before; the only Delta tools I hear people rave about are the Rockwell era ones.

My father has a pre-rockewell era delta drill press, this thing was made in 1942, and used in the dartmouth college physics department machine shop since new. He bought it probably over 20 years ago from a used tool dealer in vermont. This drill press is more precise then most new general and powermatic drill presses, and will probably last for a few more life times. The whole thing is made to last, even the belt guard is cast iron.
11577-A.jpg

This is the closest picture I could find, except ours is the bench top model, and has a keyed chuck. I dont actually have any pictures of it, and I am on vacation now, so I just found a picture on the web.

/ What's you're favorite brand(s) of tools #96  
A buddy of mine just picked up an antique drill press and lathe, and once he gets them set up I'll try and get some pictures. The drill press uses a cable instead of a spring for the quill return, and the small lathe appears to have been treadle powered converted to electric motor powered.

/ What's you're favorite brand(s) of tools #97  
I have no favorite brand. I just buy the best available in my price range. This is never the most expensive. I've even been known to buy from HF for less critical one time use tools like a leather punch.

Now my dad's favorite brand was 'seconds'. He would always head for the bin that was labeled seconds. Unfortunately I inherited those tools and they are pretty bad.

/ What's you're favorite brand(s) of tools #98  
When I get back from vacation, I will get some pictures of the vintage rockwell/delta/beaver machines, that are in my dads wood shop.

/ What's you're favorite brand(s) of tools #99  
I talked to my father, and it turns out the drill press is the same as the one in the picture I posted, it is only a bench top drill press now, because the old stand broke, before he bought it, and the tool dealer put on a bench top stand, from a newer delta.