When the quick attach doesn't hold

/ When the quick attach doesn't hold #21  
Probably not beyond repairing the hydraulic lines that broke. I've never felt comfortable with that SS attach. I can see how that can easily happen. You would never see the global attach do that.
Yep. I’m sold on Global quick attach.
Much heavier duty, safer & more peace of mind.

No fear

1710009577300.jpeg

You guys would love global.

Last edited:
   / When the quick attach doesn't hold #22  
Even completely unlatched, that grapple wouldn't have come off with the Euro/Global quick attach. So much safer, simple, reliable and easy to use. Makes no sense why the SSQA is still used in 2024.

/ When the quick attach doesn't hold #23  
Bounce or no bounce that attachment shouldn't have come off unless it wasn't latched down right or fitting to loose.
I've never had that happen on either of my M's and both have SSQA's one is a Kubota built (I presume a Great Plains and the other is an ATI). I like the ATI better, it's way more robust in build. In the past through me getting in a hurry, I failed to latch the pins into the SSQA plate slots and picked up a round and went to load it on my customers semi trailer and had the bale and the forks come off, but never had the hose rupture like that. That had to be a faulty hose.

/ When the quick attach doesn't hold #24  
I have what I have and the only 'Global' I use is Global Supply online. Not about to buy new ones and candidly, mine work fine so long as I remember to latch them into the windows cut out in the SSQA plates, One thing I do do is, I increased the tension on the clamp arms a bit, both mine are adjustable for latching and release tension and I keep them greased as both have grease fittings on the pins and the arms.

/ When the quick attach doesn't hold #25  
I've never had that happen on either of my M's and both have SSQA's one is a Kubota built (I presume a Great Plains and the other is an ATI). I like the ATI better, it's way more robust in build. In the past through me getting in a hurry, I failed to latch the pins into the SSQA plate slots and picked up a round and went to load it on my customers semi trailer and had the bale and the forks come off, but never had the hose rupture like that. That had to be a faulty hose.
The hose got torn off when the attachment came off

/ When the quick attach doesn't hold #27  
Yep. I’m sold on Global quick attach.
Much heavier duty, safer & more peace of mind.

Probably would.
To costly to switch though because all my attachments would need to be converted.
Even at work, to switch to a different system now all 7 skid loaders and buckets would need converted along with a dozen + attachments

/ When the quick attach doesn't hold #28  
There have been many threads on this forum showing mismatched SSQA attachment points. Either the tractor side or attachment side is wimpy, cheap, or just not made to spec.

/ When the quick attach doesn't hold #29  
If I need a new SSQA plate, I cut it on my CNC plasma cutter and bend the upper lip on the Dake hydraulic arbor press I own, no big deal. One thing I don't quite get is what is the difference between the 'Global' attachment and the standard SSQA? Please explain to me. Just ran a 1/2" thick HR sheet job for a customer btw. Suspension mounts for aftermarket Jeep suspensions.

/ When the quick attach doesn't hold #30  
Maybe it was improperly connected