When the quick attach doesn't hold

/ When the quick attach doesn't hold #42  
I've never witnessed a quick attach failure, but I did get to see a buddy of mine forget to lock the levers and when he dumped a load of topsoil into his dump truck the bucket went in with it.

/ When the quick attach doesn't hold #43  
I've never witnessed a quick attach failure, but I did get to see a buddy of mine forget to lock the levers and when he dumped a load of topsoil into his dump truck the bucket went in with it.
Done that, but into a live fire pit. Dumped my bucket right into the fire.

Thankfully, it was just getting going, and I was able to pluck it back out so fast, that no paint even blistered.

I used to pick up a bucket, and tell myself I'd drop the pins into their holes next time I was out of the seat. But since then I've realized my memory isn't that good, and just force myself to get off the seat and pin the damn thing right away.

/ When the quick attach doesn't hold #44  
Even completely unlatched, that grapple wouldn't have come off with the Euro/Global quick attach. So much safer, simple, reliable and easy to use. Makes no sense why the SSQA is still used in 2024.
Yep. I’m sold on Global quick attach.
Much heavier duty, safer & more peace of mind.
Probably would.
To costly to switch though because all my attachments would need to be converted.
Even at work, to switch to a different system now all 7 skid loaders and buckets would need converted along with a dozen + attachments
Our first tractor had an IH 2 point hitch. It was kind of good because we were able to purchase cheap implements. But, I haven't dealt with a 2 point implement for decades, and I don't believe anybody makes either new 2 pt hitches or implements, at least not on a commercial scale.

Perhaps it would take the government to come in to set the new standard, and announce a phase out of the old ones. Or get a few brands to only use one rather than the other.

Or perhaps simply get a few dozen lawyers and insurance adjusters sitting around a table watching that Facebook video, and the SSQA will vanish overnight.

Anyway, stop support of the old standard. Give it a few years for people to stock up on supplies. Then a few decades for old stuff to be traded around at farm auctions, but eventually the old stuff will just die off.

/ When the quick attach doesn't hold #45  
Operator error never makes one system “more safe” than another.

/ When the quick attach doesn't hold #46  
Our first tractor had an IH 2 point hitch. It was kind of good because we were able to purchase cheap implements. But, I haven't dealt with a 2 point implement for decades, and I don't believe anybody makes either new 2 pt hitches or implements, at least not on a commercial scale.

Perhaps it would take the government to come in to set the new standard, and announce a phase out of the old ones. Or get a few brands to only use one rather than the other.
Are you kidding me? I got enougha government in my life. Now you want them deciding what loader hitch I use?

Or perhaps simply get a few dozen lawyers and insurance adjusters sitting around a table watching that Facebook video, and the SSQA will vanish overnight.

Anyway, stop support of the old standard. Give it a few years for people to stock up on supplies. Then a few decades for old stuff to be traded around at farm auctions, but eventually the old stuff will just die off.

I like choices. IMO, Global is better, but give people the freedom to do what they want. Enough freedoms have been taken away.

Last edited by a moderator: