When the quick attach doesn't hold

/ When the quick attach doesn't hold #31  
Probably would.
To costly to switch though because all my attachments would need to be converted.
Even at work, to switch to a different system now all 7 skid loaders and buckets would need converted along with a dozen + attachments
I had to switch my attachments over. It was only 3 or 4.

/ When the quick attach doesn't hold #32  
He should have had the load rolled that far down. Even if the attachment didn’t fail the the grapple is a lot more likely to loose it’s grip like that. If he was lifting with the hitch plate near vertical it wouldn’t have fallen off. I’m guessing the grapple hitch pins were wallowed out and not fitting properly prior to it falling off.

/ When the quick attach doesn't hold #33  
Even completely unlatched, that grapple wouldn't have come off with the Euro/Global quick attach. So much safer, simple, reliable and easy to use. Makes no sense why the SSQA is still used in 2024.

It’s hard to get away from. Global is far better. Everyone knows that but SSQA is too hard to abandon without causing yourself considerable problems. There’s so many SSQA implements already made and so many machines that are still in service with SSQA hitches that you can’t just abandon it.

/ When the quick attach doesn't hold #34  
I patiently sold my SSQA stuff and replaced it with global one at a time. Took 2-3 years, but I’m all changed over and it feels so much stronger & safer. I ran an adapter at the beginning to make the change over easier.

What’s really nice is having hydraulic pins to attach/detach from cab (y)

I would advice anyone buying a new loader tractor to have the loader equipped with global/euro. Yes, finding attachments is more difficult, but if you go to an AG dealer, they have more of it in stock.

/ When the quick attach doesn't hold #35  
My tractor is only 35HP.
I have all my SSQA attachments set up so they fit right/tight.
I would damage the machine or the loader before I could knock attachment off.
Once I lock it down they are not coming off.
With the hydraulic cylinder on my SSQA I can lock/unlock without leaving the seat.
A larger stronger AG tractor would benefit from a Euro hitch.

/ When the quick attach doesn't hold #36  
My tractor is only 35HP.
I have all my SSQA attachments set up so they fit right/tight.
I would damage the machine or the loader before I could knock attachment off.
Once I lock it down they are not coming off.
With the hydraulic cylinder on my SSQA I can lock/unlock without leaving the seat.
A larger stronger AG tractor would benefit from a Euro hitch.
What is the HP limit on SSQA? I know that SSQA seems OK on our 60 hp tractor, but does SSQA come in category/sizes like 3pt hitches do?

I think SSQA is OK if a person is willing to go forward and throw the levers manually. That way the operator is right there to inspect the pins and make sure that the engagement is right & latching is completed. You have to get off the tractor to inspect for that anyway even with the hydraulic engagement - so no time is saved.

It doesn't happen often that the engagement is not completed right, but it only takes once to be a disaster.
Better to just check it.
rScotty

/ When the quick attach doesn't hold #37  
If I need a new SSQA plate, I cut it on my CNC plasma cutter and bend the upper lip on the Dake hydraulic arbor press I own, no big deal. One thing I don't quite get is what is the difference between the 'Global' attachment and the standard SSQA? Please explain to me. Just ran a 1/2" thick HR sheet job for a customer btw. Suspension mounts for aftermarket Jeep suspensions.

The top of a global attachment is similar to JDQA, a round solid piece probably 1.5 to 2" running across the loader frame. There are guides where the implement hooks catch the round receiver to help alignment. The implements have two very beefy hooks that hook on round catch on each side of the implement. Once you hook the top on and tilt back there's a spring loaded pin mechanism that engages and releases 1/2" pins on both sides of the implement. Those pins go into a mating hole on the attachment that is captive once the spring loaded pins are released and engage the keeper holes in the implement. There's no way to have it go on incorrectly and once it's on there's no way for it to come off. I didn't realize just how crappy the SS was until I got the adapter plate for my hydraulic PHD. I would never use such a poor design to pick something up that is important. If you were going to CC your own global pieces, 1/2" material would be useless. I think my implement hooks and pin receivers are probably 1.25" to 1.5" thick.

Heck, if I leave the pins disengaged just right they will engage themselves when I hook up to the next implement.

If you ever use a global attachment you will melt your SS attachment pieces down in your blast furnace and forge globals out of them in your forgery.

/ When the quick attach doesn't hold #38  
The top of a global attachment is similar to JDQA, a round solid piece probably 1.5 to 2" running across the loader frame. There are guides where the implement hooks catch the round receiver to help alignment. The implements have two very beefy hooks that hook on round catch on each side of the implement. Once you hook the top on and tilt back there's a spring loaded pin mechanism that engages and releases 1/2" pins on both sides of the implement. Those pins go into a mating hole on the attachment that is captive once the spring loaded pins are released and engage the keeper holes in the implement. There's no way to have it go on incorrectly and once it's on there's no way for it to come off. I didn't realize just how crappy the SS was until I got the adapter plate for my hydraulic PHD. I would never use such a poor design to pick something up that is important. If you were going to CC your own global pieces, 1/2" material would be useless. I think my implement hooks and pin receivers are probably 1.25" to 1.5" thick.

Heck, if I leave the pins disengaged just right they will engage themselves when I hook up to the next implement.

If you ever use a global attachment you will melt your SS attachment pieces down in your blast furnace and forge globals out of them in your forgery.

All serious farmers use Euro/Global in my area. If you go to AG dealers that sell larger, serious farm equipment, you’ll see a lot of Euro/Global.
It’s more like excavators equipment.
Small-timers & lightweight tractors are fine with SSQA.

Last edited:
   / When the quick attach doesn't hold #39  
The biggest problem with Euro/Global is the lack of selection of used & new attachments.
I’m looking for a used debris grapple with E/G attach. Nothing.
If I wanted SSQA, I’d have a dozen to choose from.

I really don’t want to sink 4-6K into a NEW debris grapple. Would rather find something used under 3k

/ When the quick attach doesn't hold #40  
Maybe buy one with JDQA and change it over. I have a bucket grapple on my tractor so that and the forks are all I have and need. When I bought the SS PHD I bought the adapter plate for it.