Which 2024 diesel 10k gvwr truck?

/ Which 2024 diesel 10k gvwr truck? #21  
Something to keep in mind when buying a truck that will be used on the job is parts availability.

When I was doing purchasing for the mining company they ran mainly Fords. And that was because no matter what part for a vehicle was needed it was available overnight. Keep in mind that anything at a mine runs in mud 24/7. At one time we purchased a couple Ram 5500 trucks with service bodies. The trucks themselves were fine - but parts were a nightmare. I remember once having a truck down for 4 months because a carrier bearing went out. It was a unique unit and unavailable from anyone but a Ram dealer.

We tried GM pickups also but the design of the independent front suspension wouldn't stand up to freezing mud in the winter.

/ Which 2024 diesel 10k gvwr truck? #22  
I didn’t say the ZF8 can’t do it, but they need to harden the transmission to hold more. The “powerline” looks like it might be the ticket. If the column shifter goes away and the service interval increases that would be awesome.
I nerd-out over transmissions from owning tractors. To me, the transmission might be as important as the engine. The ZF-8 would get me to the dealership.
Would be wild to own 3 vehicles with ZF 8's lol
1715353303102.jpeg

Last edited:
   / Which 2024 diesel 10k gvwr truck? #23  
What is the reason for wanting the 10k limit is it just to stay under 26k total for legal purposes?

Lots of people on the Ram forums want the Ram to match the higher weight limit of GM and Ford.

If the 2025 Ram gets the ZF eight speed for the diesel’s I would think it will be a great combo.
With 10k gvwr you can pull a 16k trailer non cdl.

/ Which 2024 diesel 10k gvwr truck? #24  
I think this truck thread may turn into another 20 page “CDL analysis” 😁

/ Which 2024 diesel 10k gvwr truck? #25  
Ram 2500, F250 derated to 10k, gmc 2500 derated to 10k?

Bumper towing max non cdl weight. Will be towing often. Just traveled 8 hrs towing in my older ram and move machines multiple times a week.
I run f350’s. I’m on my 11th ford diesel since 1997. I put about 50k a year on them. I will say I’ve had minor issues. I’ve been through all the iterations of fords diesel and never had an issue, including the 6.0 and 6.4. I hate dodge with a passion because of their cheap parts business model, but admit the Cummins is an excellent diesel. Heard that the current Cummins is an in house Stellantis built engine stamped Cummins. Could be rumor. the gmc 2500/3500 looks are growing on me. I dont know much about the Chevy/gmc or its reliability, i admit i dont know much about the ram(dodge) either. I know fords. Currently my 2022 f350 king ranch with 117000 on it has had an upper oil pan leak since new, its a cab off fix and i chose to just use brake cleaner every oil change as it just a “seep”. I have 150k warranty and can get it fixed at any time. That said recently i’m leaning towards it being a rear main leak..but to get it verified is to do warranty and when the tranny is pulled and rear main is good its immediately getting cab took off to fix oil pan, cant expect warranty to be ok with me saying if its not a rear main just put it backed together, i dont want to go further..lol

that said its great truck truck with great power, good mpg, and pulls 15k like its a canoe on boat trailer. I’m sure the other 2 do also.

even though i hate dodge(ram), i say go drive them and pick what YOU like. At this point they all pull incredible weights just fine. They all have an equal chance of issues.

/ Which 2024 diesel 10k gvwr truck? #26  
For me the GMC is a better truck. I have never had any issues with my GMC pickups, all the way back to my 1995 1500HD with the 6.5 turbo diesel. I have had 3 GMC 2500HD trucks with the Duramax/Allison combination. This last time I went with a GMC 3500HD with the Duramax/Allison combination. The new 10 speed is much smoother than the 6 speed. I don't need 2 pickups now so the 2017 is being traded in on a new Yukon with the Duramax/Allison combination.

/ Which 2024 diesel 10k gvwr truck? #27  
I think this truck thread may turn into another 20 page “CDL analysis” 😁
You mean analyze the cdl laws that were put into place in 1992, when to legally pull 26.1k you were basically in a single axle with a drag. Now with technology and safety improvements a srw pickup can safely tow over 30k…..by chimp.

why analyze, we a dumb animals that only add legislation, we never revise, just add more. Its what governments like to do, self preservation at its finest.

but thanks for gaslighting….LOL!

/ Which 2024 diesel 10k gvwr truck?
For me the GMC is a better truck. I have never had any issues with my GMC pickups, all the way back to my 1995 1500HD with the 6.5 turbo diesel. I have had 3 GMC 2500HD trucks with the Duramax/Allison combination. This last time I went with a GMC 3500HD with the Duramax/Allison combination. The new 10 speed is much smoother than the 6 speed. I don't need 2 pickups now so the 2017 is being traded in on a new Yukon with the Duramax/Allison combination.
Dodge is winning by default because ford, Chevy or gmc can’t get a 10k version for 6 months and that would probably keep getting bumped. Hopefully a dealer can track me down one already in existence.

/ Which 2024 diesel 10k gvwr truck? #29  
Why cant you get a ford in 6 months?

/ Which 2024 diesel 10k gvwr truck? #30