which portable generators do people have

/ which portable generators do people have #472  
Came as a surprise to me...50 years and no problems.

The bears enjoy a protected status and have free reign... kids out riding bicycles and trikes say Mommy the bear is coming... in broad daylight with no fear.

I have had ship lap siding ripped off the cabin... there is no food or warmth as the cabin was winterized... bears just looking to make a den is how it was described by animal control.

The most logical explanation is just bears being bears... they are very powerful and the claws quite capable.

Residents are required to purchase bear proof containers for trash service and it is ill advised to leave anything inside your car... even a pack of chewing gum or certain air fresheners...

The local agency advises electrifying the perimeter for problem bears... not sure how good an idea that is to do around a propane tank?

Viral video from south Lake Tahoe reminds residents to be bear aware - YouTube

Bears in Lake Tahoe - YouTube

I can see a future ordinance requiring tanks to be underground in light of the bear damage.

/ which portable generators do people have #473  
Came as a surprise to me...50 years and no problems.

The bears enjoy a protected status and have free reign... kids out riding bicycles and trikes say Mommy the bear is coming... in broad daylight with no fear.

I have had ship lap siding ripped off the cabin... there is no food or warmth as the cabin was winterized... bears just looking to make a den is how it was described by animal control.

The most logical explanation is just bears being bears... they are very powerful and the claws quite capable.

Residents are required to purchase bear proof containers for trash service and it is ill advised to leave anything inside your car... even a pack of chewing gum or certain air fresheners...

The local agency advises electrifying the perimeter for problem bears... not sure how good an idea that is to do around a propane tank?

Viral video from south Lake Tahoe reminds residents to be bear aware - YouTube

Bears in Lake Tahoe - YouTube

I can see a future ordinance requiring tanks to be underground in light of the bear damage.

That surprises me. A bear tag is $10 in Oregon, and they hand them out free with the hunters pack. If you shoot a nuisance bear out of season you just have to call fish & wildlife and give them the carcass. The do-gooders banned hound hunting and baiting years ago, and the bears have become quite a nuisance. I see bear sign on my place every year.

/ which portable generators do people have #474  
Something like 30,000+ bears now on the California side...

I had a long talk with authorities saying a bear tearing off the siding of my home had better hope I am not home...

To say it didn't go well was an understatement... I was told harming a bear is a serious offense and more so since I have not mitigated the risk by fortifying my home similar to a Concentration Camp Electric Wire... people actually are stringing hot wire across doors that they have to removed every time they use the door...

/ which portable generators do people have #475  
   / which portable generators do people have #476  
Why do bears mess with propane tanks, of all things?

probably the same reason that cows with horns will use them to pull distribuitor caps and wires off tractors randomly...

/ which portable generators do people have #477  
You know, a piece of rope and some cloths pins works pretty good!! Even if it has to be in a garage or out building...

My wife prefers to hang cloths out to dry, even though we do have a dryer...

SR

Haven't you heard Rob ? Today's generation is Green ! ;)

Cracks me up....... in some/many respects my grandparents and parents generation were much more green....

Rgds, D.

/ which portable generators do people have #478  
Haven't you heard Rob ? Today's generation is Green ! ;)

Cracks me up....... in some/many respects my grandparents and parents generation were much more green....

Rgds, D.
That's true...I have one neighbor who has NEVER had a cloths dryer... Another that has NEVER hung cloths outside...

Guess what one moved here from town? lol

SR

/ which portable generators do people have #479  
probably the same reason that cows with horns will use them to pull distribuitor caps and wires off tractors randomly...

Livestock and other large animals love to rub against things. I remember my normally mild-mannered uncle getting seriously irritated when I was a young lad - I was visiting the farm, and as usual, I was wandering the barns and equipment sheds. The one bay on the equipment shed they had left open-fronted had a small-square baler parked in it that day. Turns out one of the cows had wandered in next to the baler and started rubbing hard enough to knock the baler-counter dial off. Uncle was not impressed..... a cattle resistant self-closing gate was on that bay soon enough.....

Many animals like to rub against things that don't easily move..... something to keep in mind with any outside-stored equipment.

Rgds, D.

/ which portable generators do people have #480  
I once woke up to a bull scratching its butt on the corner of my travel trailer.