Which UTV for Me?

/ Which UTV for Me?
Also, I understand the well-stated points from some fellow posters who have had a good experience with the RTV. I like them too, but really would like something a little faster that has a bit more aggressive four wheel drive system. I would say that if I went with more of a utility UTV I would probably go back with JD as my good friend is a dealer and I would like to support his business. I have seen the Kubota though and really think it is well-made and quite a machine. Just knowing what I need to do with whichever machine I get I do not think the Kubota would offer what I need.

John M

/ Which UTV for Me? #22  
Rumor has it that Kawasaki is bringing out a 700 UTV to compete with the Rhino. Might want to wait and see what that is all about. If it has a V-twin I might just be trading in the ol' Rhino for one.

/ Which UTV for Me? #23  
scesnick said:
Rumor has it that Kawasaki is bringing out a 700 UTV to compete with the Rhino. Might want to wait and see what that is all about. If it has a V-twin I might just be trading in the ol' Rhino for one.

I would say that it is about time for Kawasaki to come out ith something new. Yes they did introduce their 4 seater, but the overall design of the Mule is the same. I wonder how long it will take Honda to introduce their UTV?

/ Which UTV for Me? #24  
Don't overlook the Landpride Treker. Great ride on fully independent suspension, Honda vtwin, Limited slip rear and auto locking front differentials (overunning clutches on front trires, both pull but one can freewheel in a turn, pretty cool). Excellent reliability, excellent factory support.

/ Which UTV for Me? #25  
now there is talk about a 900cc utv coming out i think it's from honda don't quot me on it. havin't seen any pics yet so it's juts rumors.you just might wann wait til 07. 07 might be a great year for utv's

/ Which UTV for Me? #26  
I just bought a Ranger XP 700EFI and love it. Pretty tough machine.

Yamaha has weak (atv) drivelines from what I hear...

/ Which UTV for Me? #27  
KennedyDiesel said:

Two years with a 2" lift kit and 27" tires with zero breakdowns of any kind on my '04 Rhino. It's never been back to the dealership for any reason since I bought it. I've only changed the oil and filters. I have a history of being able to break most anything as well. I think someone has been pulling your leg trying to sell you on something else. But, there again, no salesman from any dealership would ever lie, would they...? :D

/ Which UTV for Me? #28  
KennedyDiesel said:
I just bought a Ranger XP 700EFI and love it. Pretty tough machine.

I'm going to have to play devil's advocate here. Frequenters to this forum know that I have a Polaris XP so this is not some anti Polaris person saying this. The Ranger's are not immune to axle breakage themselves. I have read many times of people breaking the front axles of Rangers. What seems to be a common thread is they have put larger tires on them and I remember one guy saying that he was in mud with all 4 wheels spinning and he was working the steering wheel hard trying to get through some muddy ruts. That is why you hear so much about the Gorilla Axles. I plan on adding some 27s to my Ranger when I am home for Christmas. I might as well add the axles as well. I think a lot of the driveline and axle problems can be attributed to some extreme driving as well. The Rhino is small and peppy and tend to make people want to do more with them than they were designed for. I tend to baby my Ranger, thats not to say I don't have fun with it, I just take care of it.

/ Which UTV for Me? #29  
Tractors4u said:
Frequenters to this forum know that I have a Polaris XP...

Yeah, and I want your EFI. :D I've actually decided to sell my Rhino since I won't really use it any this winter and look for something with fuel injection this next spring. I wonder what all will have fuel injection then besides diesels and the Polaris?

/ Which UTV for Me?
I am still looking!!!! I am currently ever so slightly leaning toward the Polaris mainly because I CANNOT find a Yamaha locally. I really do not want to make any decision until I have had a chance to check out a Yamaha a bit more than I have been able to. One more question I have: with either of these machines, do I really HAVE to add monster tires to get good performance?? I had a set of ITP's on LG wheels on my Gator, and they did great in mud and snow, but they did ride notably rougher on pavement than did the stock ones. I did not use the stockers enough to know how they would do in bad conditions though. Would the stock tires on these machines be good enough for general use in most weather or do I need to also consider a more aggressive tire? The local Polaris dealer said when asked about the warranty and repairs, "I would love to sell you the extended warranty if you buy a machine from me, but you won't need it. I never have problems from these machines. I will take care of things if you have a problem, because I want your business." With some of what I have read about reliability variability, this seems to be contradictory to my expectations.

John M