Who Gets to Own The West?

/ Who Gets to Own The West? #22  
Personally I have trouble believing anything printed by the NY Times, and especially when they are referencing Right leaning politicians in the article.....

/ Who Gets to Own The West?
Personally I have trouble believing anything printed by the NY Times, and especially when they are referencing Right leaning politicians in the article.....

I understand that. You have to take anything that could be opinion with caution because they are going to slant it if they can.

But, the fact that a very few ultra wealthy individuals are buying up the open land at an amazing pace is what I am interested in opinions about.

Foreigner's are also buying up our country at alarming rates.

Our principles encourage the belief that people can purchase property and that the right to do pretty much as you wish with it are inalienable. That includes excluding others, non owners, from possession of it.

Just wondering how most TBN'ers look at the situation.

/ Who Gets to Own The West? #24  
If they bought it with green money, fair and square, more power to them, as long as no laws are broken!

/ Who Gets to Own The West? #25  
That one has me scratching my head... who owns the BLM land? Aren't "the Feds" you and me?
it's the Federal Government. while ordinary people pay into that, the Federal Government controls it, it's why you can't walk into the White House, or a Federal Military installation etc. we all pay into that, but don't control it.. weird, but true..

/ Who Gets to Own The West? #26  
it's the Federal Government. while ordinary people pay into that, the Federal Government controls it, it's why you can't walk into the White House, or a Federal Military installation etc. we all pay into that, but don't control it.. weird, but true..

Yet there's a difference between developed and undeveloped land. Just for the record, I understand what you are saying, and know that for security and/or other reasons some places need to be controlled, restricted, or off limits to the general public. However that still leaves the remainder, and that's what the linked article refers to. Buy 300,000 acres which allows you to have exclusive access to bukos more which is owned by all of us? It may be legal, yet that doesn't make it right.

/ Who Gets to Own The West? #27  
If you do not like it buy a helicopter

/ Who Gets to Own The West? #28  
Whatever. If you inherited 100 acres and were paying taxes on it, would you allow your neighbor to use it when at the same time he was locking you out?

/ Who Gets to Own The West? #29  
I am not sure how old you are, but one thing I have learned about life, is that it is not always fair.
Get used to it