Who Listens to a Stereo in their Cab'd Tractor?

/ Who Listens to a Stereo in their Cab'd Tractor? #31  
No longer have a cab tractor, but if I did, I’d probably be listening to Adrian Rogers, Charles Stanley, etc.—would be much easier to hear what’s going on outside than over music…and be a lot better for me!

/ Who Listens to a Stereo in their Cab'd Tractor? #32  
I purchased my Kioti DK4210SE Cab tractor about 18 months ago. It came with "OEM" rear speakers in the headliner and pre-wired for a stereo. At first I thought the idea of a stereo was kind of frivolous.

Well worth it to help keep your sanity :) Or piss you off if listening to talk radio.... Use it every time I'm in the thing.​

/ Who Listens to a Stereo in their Cab'd Tractor? #33  
If I'm listening to bluetooth or the stereo in my cab I can't hear a disc bearing going out or a spindle on my FM grinding. Just recently had an issue with the vacuum pump bearing going bad on the planters and if I'm distracted by noise that would have cost a couple thousand more to repair than it did.
I run my 47 year old noisy cab with the window open so I can hear what's going on. No way a stereo would work in that cab anyway.

/ Who Listens to a Stereo in their Cab'd Tractor? #34  
I purchased my Kioti DK4210SE Cab tractor about 18 months ago. It came with "OEM" rear speakers in the headliner and pre-wired for a stereo. At first I thought the idea of a stereo was kind of frivolous. However, I soon found a Kioti-compatible stereo for ~$90 on Ebay. It took about 15 minutes to install it and since that time I must admit that I have enjoyed having some music playing while I "work". I keep a few hundred songs on a USB stick and I always found myself plugging that USB-stick in while letting the tractor warm up. Fast forward until present time and that $90 stereo has really turned out to be a piece of crap. Mind you, the thing is "traditional" size car stereo - but it is a mere 1" or less deep. Basically, nothing is in it. As time went on the left and right channel would intermittently go out and then any rough jar would pause the USB playback. Ugh. So I looked again on Ebay for "Kioti Stereos" and found that there's a new unit out (with the Continental name) and in corresponding with the seller, it is supposed to be a big improvement. So I purchased one and it has arrived. It too is less-deep than a conventional car stereo which helps it to fit in the headliner - but it still is a good 4-5" deep and significantly heavier that the first one. Fingers crossed. But now I have gone a little stupid. The stock speakers in the Kioti headliner are 4" in diameter and weigh about 4-5 ounces. Think transistor radio speakers. Tinny and way too sharp to be right by your head. So, I looked around and found that there's a large variety of drop-in 4" speakers available. I used amazon and bought a pair of highly-rated (Kicker brand) 4" speakers for a whopping $59. They should arrive in the next day or so - but I am hoping they are literally drop-ins. But then, having read a lot of positive reviews of these speakers virtually all recognized that they are still 4" speakers. So I need a subwoofer. Back to Amazon in search of a very small (not a teenager boom-boom subwoofer) I once again found a few choices - with good reviews. So I ordered one of those too. In total, everything cost about $400.... but I hope to have a very "adequate" stereo to make the cab all that more pleasant to spend time in!

Who else has done something to improve the sound in their cab? Any regrets?
I have a Jensen that fits my Kubota SSV65 skidsteer I bought from the dealer. It works really well. I had another Jensen years ago mounted on a motorcycle. No problems with either one.

/ Who Listens to a Stereo in their Cab'd Tractor? #35  
I purchased my Kioti DK4210SE Cab tractor about 18 months ago. It came with "OEM" rear speakers in the headliner and pre-wired for a stereo. At first I thought the idea of a stereo was kind of frivolous. However, I soon found a Kioti-compatible stereo for ~$90 on Ebay. It took about 15 minutes to install it and since that time I must admit that I have enjoyed having some music playing while I "work". I keep a few hundred songs on a USB stick and I always found myself plugging that USB-stick in while letting the tractor warm up. Fast forward until present time and that $90 stereo has really turned out to be a piece of crap. Mind you, the thing is "traditional" size car stereo - but it is a mere 1" or less deep. Basically, nothing is in it. As time went on the left and right channel would intermittently go out and then any rough jar would pause the USB playback. Ugh. So I looked again on Ebay for "Kioti Stereos" and found that there's a new unit out (with the Continental name) and in corresponding with the seller, it is supposed to be a big improvement. So I purchased one and it has arrived. It too is less-deep than a conventional car stereo which helps it to fit in the headliner - but it still is a good 4-5" deep and significantly heavier that the first one. Fingers crossed. But now I have gone a little stupid. The stock speakers in the Kioti headliner are 4" in diameter and weigh about 4-5 ounces. Think transistor radio speakers. Tinny and way too sharp to be right by your head. So, I looked around and found that there's a large variety of drop-in 4" speakers available. I used amazon and bought a pair of highly-rated (Kicker brand) 4" speakers for a whopping $59. They should arrive in the next day or so - but I am hoping they are literally drop-ins. But then, having read a lot of positive reviews of these speakers virtually all recognized that they are still 4" speakers. So I need a subwoofer. Back to Amazon in search of a very small (not a teenager boom-boom subwoofer) I once again found a few choices - with good reviews. So I ordered one of those too. In total, everything cost about $400.... but I hope to have a very "adequate" stereo to make the cab all that more pleasant to spend time in!

I tried using the speakers in my DK4210 by connecting my iPhone to the aux input, but I couldn’t get it loud enough to hear over the engine without a lot of distortion. So I bought a set of noise cancelling headphones. I can hear them fine and they help protect my hearing. And no wires…they use a Bluetooth connection to my iPhone.

/ Who Listens to a Stereo in their Cab'd Tractor? #36  
See a thread I made . I pulled out the factory setup and threw in a Bluetooth amp and some JL 4” to start. I also added some JL 6.5s and a small sub . I saw some tweeters on sale on critchfield so I might throw some in their just to make it more ridiculous

/ Who Listens to a Stereo in their Cab'd Tractor? #37  

My Kioti cab came with a POS music player so I quickly replaced it with a Dual bluetooth system and the cab's speakers already sound good for a tractor. I use my cell phone that has my music library, XM radio, FM radio and I can receive/send phone calls over the system. It Sounds pretty good for a tractor

/ Who Listens to a Stereo in their Cab'd Tractor? #38  
impressed with all the tech & options for tunes on the tractor. glad many of you are successfully hooked up.
me? i always look forward to tasks on my open station rig so that i can detach myself from tunes & social media...seems we all compulsively have to be connected & entertained no matter where we are or do.
Jamming on a tractor to me also seems risky as well. but know i'm in the minority here, just my take on a great forum subject. best regards, rock on! :)

/ Who Listens to a Stereo in their Cab'd Tractor? #39  
No radio but I use noise canceling headphones that are Bluetooth linked to the phone in my pocket. I use the PI Music Player on my phone and listen to "oldies but goodies" I've been accumulating over the years. I've managed to acquire songs from the 50s on and have them grouped to play depending on the mood at the time. Beats radio play any day and there's no commercials. :LOL:

Oh yeah, the headphones have a mic, and I could take a call but normally I don't.

/ Who Listens to a Stereo in their Cab'd Tractor? #40  
I use a JBL Bluetooth speaker paired with my phone. Great sound with this setup. I can’t run at full volume because it would be too loud. Very versatile because you can use the setup in multiple situations (boat, UTV, Patio, etc.)
IMG_5837.jpeg