Who Listens to a Stereo in their Cab'd Tractor?

/ Who Listens to a Stereo in their Cab'd Tractor? #41  
I went with recommendations here and put a Jensen head unit and Kickers speakers in, use it all the time. I’m interested in the sub idea and might put that in next time I pull the top. Maybe leave the sub up above headliner, strapped down?

IMG_60725.jpeg

/ Who Listens to a Stereo in their Cab'd Tractor? #42  
i always look forward to tasks on my open station rig so that i can detach myself from tunes & social media...seems we all compulsively have to be connected & entertained no matter where we are or do.
Jamming on a tractor to me also seems risky as well. but know i'm in the minority here,
Maybe a minority, but for sure not the only one. My tractor doesn't have a cab, but even if it did I probably wouldn't be listening to the radio while using it. The older I get, the less clutter I want in my life, and that includes some sort of "entertainment" playing in the background. I'm perfectly OK with being alone with my own thoughts, though that seems to scare some people.
Your point about wanting to be aware of what's going on around you is a good one too.

/ Who Listens to a Stereo in their Cab'd Tractor? #43  
The 3m Worktunes work great in any number of places for reducing ambient noise and let me listen to anything I can on my phone. There‘s not a lot on radio for me these days…

/ Who Listens to a Stereo in their Cab'd Tractor? #44  
One of the nice things about having a cab with AC is having the radio playing something. I don't really pay attention to it other then background noise. I doubt that I will ever spend the money to improve the sound quality, but I might so that I can get one with a clock that I can actually set the time on it.

I've read the instructions at least two dozen times in the last year, and done exactly what it says without success. It's off by about 2 1/2 hours. I have my phone with me and I use that to know what time it is. I own a watch, but haven't seen or worn in in years. I would just like to be able to look at the radio and know what time it is.

/ Who Listens to a Stereo in their Cab'd Tractor? #45  
When it's a bit over 20 miles to go, at 2.37 mph, a stereo (Sirius XM) is a lifesaver, I think.

Of course, it helps a lot that the newest mower is 10' and doesn't leave windrows. Before getting that one I felt like a Nascar driver, only making left turns.

/ Who Listens to a Stereo in their Cab'd Tractor? #46  
agree. i always considered a stereo while operating a tractor as a dangerous distraction. i wait until after the task for entertainment. know i'm in the minority on this, just a personal comment.
glad the OP is pleased with the new sound system, regards

I spend lots of time in my cabbed tractors.

Found out long ago that I can't listen to music and hear my equipment run.

But I CAN listen to talk radio. I'm always listening to the equipment running in the background. Talking isn't a constant, loud noise. But music mostly is...

Learned to enjoy a few shows I listen to, but I really miss Rush Limbaugh. The man was an icon. :)

/ Who Listens to a Stereo in their Cab'd Tractor? #47  
When choosing a tractor radio, I would recommend one with large preset buttons and simple controls. When I'm busy in the hayfield, I need to be able to reach up and change settings by feel rather than having to look all the time.

/ Who Listens to a Stereo in their Cab'd Tractor? #48  
My radio is on all the time. I just changed the crappy factory speakers to Kickers after reading this thread, what a difference.
I would also suggest a simple radio, mine is not. I find when I go to change the volume I accidently hit a button then spend ten minutes trying to get the radio back on. I attached the remote in the cab so I can hit the volume button on it.

/ Who Listens to a Stereo in their Cab'd Tractor? #49  
My tractor is open station. I listen to what is happening with the tractor and implements I'm currently using. I only have 80 acres and no chore/task so lengthy/boring that I need alternate entertainment.

My pleasures are - being out on the property - fresh air - open spaces - good work.

/ Who Listens to a Stereo in their Cab'd Tractor? #50  
My tractor is open station. I listen to what is happening with the tractor and implements I'm currently using. I only have 80 acres and no chore/task so lengthy/boring that I need alternate entertainment.

My pleasures are - being out on the property - fresh air - open spaces - good work.
I'm glad you enjoy what you have and what you do, as well as what you do it with.

Sounds like you are happy.

On the other side of the coin, I spend LOTS of hours on my tractors, and it doesn't take long to realize benefits and comforts of a cab in 110 degree weather with dust, yellowjackets, pollen, and limbs with thorns. A good stereo is nice too. :)