Snow Equipment Owning/Operating Who's ready for winter 13/14 ?

/ Who's ready for winter 13/14 ? #11  
I'm ready for winter. I just bought a snow caster for the tractor so we aren't going to get any snow now. All I needed to do was buy it, thus assuring no snow.

/ Who's ready for winter 13/14 ? #12  
I can't say I'm ready for winter yet, but I don't really do anything different for winter aside from put my bucket on the tractor if we get a really lot of snow. This will be my first year with a rear blade so I'll put that on my tractor when snow flies as well, although it doesn't take very long.

Lt Cheng,
I'd be a lot more excited about winter snow clearing if I had your setup! How are you liking the 4.75?

/ Who's ready for winter 13/14 ? #13  
Not me. Haven't even thought about it much yet.

I have plenty of backhoe work to do and as long as this weather lasts, I'll be doing that. I would like to do some thinning and chipping too before the blower and chains go on, but that can wait til next year if it has to.

I think it was Halloween Night two years ago we had 8" of wet snow. Trick or Treat :eek:
Ha yeah I am not ready to remove my BH yet but it feels like winter is coming early this year. I suppose I will be doing the frozen finger routine. Why not wait until it is a pain. :laughing:

/ Who's ready for winter 13/14 ? #14  
WHAT! :eek: Oh, northern hemisphere winter... It's early Spring here so, as Mum always said, there's always one more cold snap before it really starts to warm up.

Good luck up there. :thumbsup:

<tee hee>

/ Who's ready for winter 13/14 ? #15  
We have been in the mid 70's all week and looks like next too, it will be a while for us as well.

/ Who's ready for winter 13/14 ? #16  
Still a few weeks to think about it. Paved 800 foot sloped driveway in September so looking forward to clearing snow with B2320 with rear-mounted 51 inch Meteor snowblower. Will install 1.5 inch rear wheel spacers and tire chains to manage the hill. Before that, still want to clear an area and plant blueberry bushes while the weather is still good.

/ Who's ready for winter 13/14 ? #17  
Not yet! Still mowing! But it won't be long. :-(

/ Who's ready for winter 13/14 ? #18  
I'm ready! I have everything in place.

I moved the grill from the patio to the back porch.

/ Who's ready for winter 13/14 ? #19  
I'm getting closer, but not yet ready! And we had a (kinda) close call... Parts of So Dakota got 4' of snow over the past couple days!!:eek: Now we won't see any of that, thank god, but that would just about kill me right now...

/ Who's ready for winter 13/14 ? #20  
Snow season??? Elk season starts Thursday, can't think of snow season yet!!! Although I did decide that I would put the back blade in the pole barn this winter. It works better on the road (I can drive forward) for the small storms than using my Meteor 68" rear snow blower and it is a pain trying to dig it out later in the winter when I want to use it. It only took me 3 winters to figure this out. :duh: