Why are you brand loyal?

/ Why are you brand loyal? #11  
Another Kubota/Toyota guy. I'll never say anything bad about another brand, but I have always had great luck with my purchases. I'm considering a newer truck, and I'll probably look at GMCs, but I am sure I'll end up with a Toyota!

Will

/ Why are you brand loyal? #12  
I'm brand loyal as long as the brand provides good service, if it lets me down my money will go elsewhere. I've had great service from my last few dodge trucks and am leaning that way for my next one but will still drive them all. When I bought my tractor I looked at all the brands close to me but what made the final decision was a combination of which one my wife was more comfortable on and the fact that my parents Kubota was about 27 years old and only required fluid changes. Had some bad experiences with a Honda that my wife owned while we were dating and most likely won't own one any time soon (the car had to go before we got married haha)

/ Why are you brand loyal? #13  
I am not brand loyal.

I have owned GM, Ford, and Chrysler/Dodge products. My current car is a Chrysler minivan. My current Truck is a Chevrolet.

I have owned Long, New Holland, 2 Kubotas, and now a Kioti tractor. But I would just as soon own an LS, or Massey or Mahindra if it met my needs.

Icom, Yeasu, Kenwood, and in the old days, Heathkit, Collins, Hallicrafters Radio equipment. Currently I have about an equal amount of Yaesu and Icom equipment.

Winchester, Remington, Smith and Wesson, SV, DPMS, Kahr, and some Custom (muliti manufacture parts) guns. I have never found one brand that met all of my needs.

I have never understood being a "fan" of anything.

I am also quite willing to promiscuously endorse varying pallets in fields theories. :laughing:

/ Why are you brand loyal? #14  
When it came time to buy my first tractor, can't say I really had much of a choice. My family has been a Massy dealer since the late 70's. As far as vehicles, my first truck was an '85 F-150. Didn't have much for problems with that one, other than rust. Second truck was a Dakota. Just kinda stuck with Rams since then. I like the way they look and drive better than any of the others I've tested out while looking. When I'm looking for a new vehicle I always check out multiple manufacturers. Price usually affects my decision more than brand. Although, after the problems we've had with the wife's Journey, I can almost guarantee her next vehicle WILL NOT be a Dodge. She likes the Kia Sorento and I'm leaning towards the Ford Edge. As far as brand bashing goes, I just like to bust balls. Most of my friends give it back just as much. But in the end we all know they all have problems and everyone's had their perfect vehicle.

/ Why are you brand loyal? #15  
I base my loyalty on the past performance of the manufacturer and the history of problems other have had with a brand.
Was loyal to GM for thirty years then had a 03 Trailblazer and an 04 Suburban throw a rod driving down the highway($20,000 in repairs). They are now on the banded list of vehicles.

Dealer support is also a reason for brand loyalty for me. If they stand behind the product rather than making excuses that goes a long way.

/ Why are you brand loyal? #16  
I have no brand loyalty. No one is making a pickup or car that really causes me to swoon. Each OEM has had successes and failures. All I can do is try to do my research and make a selection of a vehicle based on how well it fits my needs, is a good value to buy and own, and has a motor/drivetrain combination that has a well documented track record of durability, reliability, and longevity. My only beef with all of them, is that they primarily offer features only in "packages". I have a 2015 Chevy 2500HD. Many of the creature features I have no use for and wouldn't have chosen. But to get features I do want, I have take almost an equivalent set of features that I don't want at best, or are a PITA at worse. And that is not OEM specific. Each and every one of them does the same thing. And most of them don't offer features that I truly would like.

And after my experience over several decades, I have no dealer loyalty either. I have had some good results using dealer shops, but also an equivalent number of bad experiences using dealer shops. I have grown to generally avoid dealerships after the buy. I have always had to play the dealer games when buying. Some of which they think we are total dolts. Like charging for dealer prep. The OEM already pays them to prepare the vehicle for the buyer. They want to charge the buyer for the same thing the OEM paid them to do in the first place! I never pay it. Either they drop it or I leave. And that is just one aspect of buying that I loath. It is a game I hate to play, but if one is buying a new vehicle, it is the game.

Now tractors, that is a little different story. There are very good dealerships around me for most brands. I am lucky. I live in the heart of Iowa, and tractor dealerships are top notch. They really do a excellent job at watching out for their customers. JD, NH, Case, MF, all of them. But I still have to say, I am not brand loyal. Just never developed that. I am not brand loyal even with the oil I use in anything. I just look at what is offered that meets my needs the best, is a good value, and holds up well.

/ Why are you brand loyal? #17  
Like a few others, I have no brand loyalty. I've owned Fords, Chevys, Mopars, Toyotas, V-dubs and even had a Volvo for awhile. These days I have a '05 Dodge flatbed, '99 F350 crewcab, '85 Suburban in the driveway and a '56 Studebaker in the garage. As far as trucks go, I like Ford Super Duty models the best. Unfortunately...they made junk diesels for almost ten years, so for guys like me that won't take the hit on purchasing new the selection is limited. The Dodge?...meh. The Cummins is nice but the rest of the truck not so much. Chevy's Duramax trucks do look interesting, so I might try one of those next time around.

/ Why are you brand loyal? #18  
The only major brands I am real loyal to are Apple and Subaru, mainly because I like their products and when I have had problems with their products, I have been able to connect with real humans at each company who went out of their way to do the right thing, even past warranty. With Subaru, it was them picking up the tab for a new clutch out of warranty, which was a big chunk of $$. With Apple, it was putting a new motherboard in a laptop, past warranty, to the tune of $900. In both cases I could tell they cared, which was really nice (one of the really great things about Apple is that you can visit the Genius bar at one of their stores and get quick resolution of problems, face to face with someone qualified and well trained in customer service). In similar situations, I have had other companies argue or slink away from doing the right thing, or treat me like a number, and it gives me zero reason to be loyal to them. So really, I guess I build loyalty when I like a product and when something goes wrong and the company is able to demonstrate loyalty/responsibility to me as a customer. That makes an impression on me.

I happen to like Honda automobiles and have owned many, but they totally blew me off when we had a problem with a car a few years ago, which was a $2800 issue. I could tell I was getting screwed when a rep at their 1-800 number went into "stonewall" mode, and I was shocked and disappointed they would behave that way. So they probably lost my business in the future. I am more than happy to buy Subaru instead.

When it came time to buy a truck recently, I didn't have any brand preference, I just looked at them all and let the shopping process guide me to GMC. Had owned Fords many years ago, and one of my main work trucks as a young kid was an old Dodge with the slant-six engine (which I happen to think was an awesome engine). That truck seemed a bit wimpy at the time, but in retrospect it took a licking and kept on ticking. So far I like the GMC, but it will take years and experience before that turns into loyalty.

My other car is a BMW, and while it's a beautiful car, the dealership has been arrogant and money-grubbing in my experience, and that's just not for me. Yeah, it's a beautiful car, but it's not exceptional in any way, and in reality, I think BMWs are too darn expensive for what you get. They are not a very good value. When I see a service department getting all haughty and arrogant about what is really just a regular car with a fancy brand name, my eyes start to roll a bit. The free service warranty ran out on that car last year, so I'll be doing future services myself and taking it to a third-party garage for annual state inspections.

/ Why are you brand loyal? #19  
I'm about the same as everyone. But don't do dealers. Never had luck. We anyways buy cheap beaters for our construction company. We actually don't want good nice trucks. We put 70,000-100,000miles a year. So to go but a new truck and run it for 4-5years maybe Is out of question

As for tractors i do like my allis Chalmers. They seat you down low so you don't hit branches and are to me easy to tap into the hydraulics and put loaders etc.. on

/ Why are you brand loyal? #20  
For me it's what works. I started out a GM man. Nothing but bad luck 3 out of 4 times. Toyota was next. Ran great but rusted. Ford followed and it worked good but after 3 or 4 I got board. Tried Dodge with nothing but problems. Back to Ford for 5 or 6 vehicles with no issues. Again got board and tried Nissan. Had great luck just as I did with Ford. Right now I'm back at Ford.

My next vehicle will either be a Ford or more likely a Nissan because they returned the best service for me.

Chris