Why aren't Masseys more popular?

/ Why aren't Masseys more popular? #21  
Re: Why aren\'t Masseys more popular?

CASEIH and NEW HOLLAND are all one happy company now...you must not have heard. they also sell the New Holland compact now only RED! The parent company is now known as CNH owned by fiat.

/ Why aren't Masseys more popular? #22  

I don't know about today, but I thought (for many years) that MF world-wide was the largest tractor manufacturer, ahead of second place John Deere. I suspect John Deere is the biggest now, but do not know that for sure. Never thought or had heard that IH was the biggest - anywhere. But they are history now.
The only one intact over the past 60 years is John Deere. The others are mixed up big time. That doesn't mean these others don't make a good tractor, but when a tractor purchase is (hopefully) a long term investment, one has to consider the risk if the company is no longer around after 5 or ten years. Most investments in John Deere equipment have been good ones, with high re-sale values.

/ Why aren't Masseys more popular? #23  

World wide Fiat claims to be the biggest manufacturer of farm equipment in the world. John Deere is not as popular overseas as they are in the United States. Massey Is also very popular in Europe. Fiat owns a lot of smaller companies that make there sales including NH and CaseIH which are there biggest tractor holdings

/ Why aren't Masseys more popular? #24  

I hadn't heard. When did that happen? Case-IH and Ford-New Holland? That's like buying a ChevroDodge!!!

/ Why aren't Masseys more popular? #25  

I have also heard that Mahindra is popular in alot of 3rd world countries? Any truth to that?

/ Why aren't Masseys more popular? #27  

The #1 & 2 best selling brand name of ag- tractors world wide is MF and NH. Deere is in a distant 3rd place.

/ Why aren't Masseys more popular? #28  

have you notice, the Massey Ferguson compacts and the Mahindra look the same. Take a look at Ranchhand's pics.

/ Why aren't Masseys more popular? #29  

they have been one company for about 2 years now!

/ Why aren't Masseys more popular? #30  

2 years?? My father has a MF 1140, a 1991 model and the body style is identical to a 2002 Mahindra compact tractor. The only difference is the name.