Why Don't You Guys Finish What You Start?

/ Why Don't You Guys Finish What You Start?
HTML:
Hey Ralph,

The thread you started below doesn't seem to be finished. Did you ever find a used ROPS or did you go ahead and get a new one? Come on, don't leave us hanging!?!    

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/y...1050-rops.html

I'm joking with you! I agree with Eddie in the fact that the ideas seem to be more inspiring than whether or not they worked for a particular problem.

Just my thoughts,
Mud

I guess I should practice what I preach. :eek: But I never did get an answer to my question "Would a JD 1050 ROPS, fit a Yanmar 336D?", so I never felt a need to end it, even though, I did get a ROPS for my tractor from anther member who saw my request. Got it last month but still sitting in my pickup until I get the time and can figure how to mount it with my backhoe attached. Originally, my thought behind this thread came from people who had problems with their tractors and all kinds of help given from others but never found out if they got it fixed or if any of the suggestions helped. I guess, I never figured my problem was that important and also a bit of laziness on my part to post a reply. Guess I'd better go over and do that now.:D Again, this was not meant to be harsh or condeming thread but just to make people aware that sometimes it's nice to see how things end.

Now where was that thread I started? :D

Last edited:
   / Why Don't You Guys Finish What You Start? #42  
I really was joking with you Ralph!:)
I've started several threads asking for help and probably didn't post whether or not the advice worked. The beauty of the advice is that it allows you to head outside immediately and get back to work/play. Posting a "thanks to all" seems to be a generalized finish. Another way to look at it is if four posters have four different fixes for a problem, do you post your fix and thank just that one poster? If so, the other posters that gave their advice might be reluctant to post next time fearing someone else probably has a better idea. All of the great ideas are what makes this forum so awesome! Sorry for the rambling?:eek:

Mud

/ Why Don't You Guys Finish What You Start? #43  
I ask project questions because I don't know what I am doing. I rely on TBN U. professors for expert advice. Once project done I usually don't post due to: My projects are so small or if I didn't do a top job I wouldn't want to show the world. Do you really want to see a 10X10 barn, cracked bell housing, bent tierod or a short five board fence. Most of the projects shown here are just plain fantastic. I am just happy to have such a great place to learn.

/ Why Don't You Guys Finish What You Start? #44  
ctpres said:
I ask project questions because I don't know what I am doing. I rely on TBN U. professors for expert advice. Once project done I usually don't post due to: My projects are so small or if I didn't do a top job I wouldn't want to show the world. Do you really want to see a 10X10 barn, cracked bell housing, bent tierod or a short five board fence. Most of the projects shown here are just plain fantastic. I am just happy to have such a great place to learn.

I would love to hear this story. Did your foot slip off the clutch when you were dismounting, the tractor lurch forward and run through the fence, hang on a post and bend the tierod, curve to the left and run through the barn where it crashed into your other tractor you were working on and crack the bellhousing? Probably should have posted in the safety forum:D

/ Why Don't You Guys Finish What You Start? #45  
BTDT said:
I think the flip side of this is folks who post project from start to finish with pics and detailed explaination of what happened all at once. Kind of ruins it for me, and I've probably done the same thing. Then you have the "Master Posters", who post just enough to peak your interest, keep your attention, and spread it out like a good novel or movie (Eddie, 3rrl, and Wroughtn Harv come to mind).

What a bizarre statement, BTDT. You do not have to read a whole thread
in one sitting. When you go back to TBN later, the site even puts you
where you left off. Kinda like a book....read it at your own speed, or just
skim it, or just look at the pix, or jump to the end, or ?

The OP's point is a good one, but some of us are compulsive about finishing.

/ Why Don't You Guys Finish What You Start?
Some of the posts that I read, had problem with tractor not working. So until someone came up with the right solution or they took it to a mechanic, they where needing help. I would continually keep reading the back and forth conversation and help given, then the post would end with no solution. And this was months later. I just didn't know if they ever got the tractor working or if any of the suggestions helped. It's like reading a great mystery novel and there's no ending to the story. Either he didn't need his tractor working that quick or is a patient man. I quess we all get side tracked, including me. I could reply to all the threads asking, but I'm more of a reader then a writer and would have to go back over all the reply's to refresh myself. Still get a lot of help and ideas from people's input, so there's still a great benefit. This was just my obversation and wanted to make a comment about it but not meaning to condem or hurt anyones feelings if possible.:)

Have a great day
Ralph:)

/ Why Don't You Guys Finish What You Start? #47  
Iplayfarmer just stick around me, Ill get you a place to use it in a jiffy... saw a post about ne tbn guys getting together and gave it a poke. Got reminded it was for 2006 :D

as for the mention about 1 solution can put off the others who had ideas. That is a tricky one and does happen. they are either frustrated or disheartened it happens. as some one said. when you have a hammer all problems look like a nail. I am happy to make a boob of my self, others may not be. If i say somthing stupid, hopefully I learn from it and am able to say somthing more educated next time. :cool: some times the best solution is the dumbest one.

a good example is getting a wedged semi out from under a bridge. after 5 or so hours of all the traffic on a major highway being stopped up. They had tried using some big wreckers etc to no avail. a little boy asked the officer the dumb question of why not let the air out of the tires. 10 min later traffic started again.

/ Why Don't You Guys Finish What You Start? #48  
EddieWalker said:
I personally don't care as much about seeing the finished project as I do about reading all the suggestions and options. If a guy is building a barn or shed, it doesn't matter to me if he finishes it or not or what it looks like. What I like is to hear what everyone else has to offer towards building it, or what the original poster is doing and why he's doing it. The same is true for homes that are being built, driveways, ponds, pastures and attachements. The list goes on and on. If I get one tidbit of knowledge from a thread, it's priceless to me. In the years that I've been here, I've learned more from TBN then any other source by a very large margin.

Eddie I feel the same. Then again I think where Rameck is coming from is a total different place. If your looking for solution to a problem. Say you cant get a piece of equiment to start and you've check several different things to no end. If you come to board of ends threads of ideas thats really no help. Its nice to see Hey this got my machine running. That sorta gives me a place to start working on my stuff.
I'm new to this board, but from from boards in general. Man its aggravating to take time to try to help somebody only for the thread to die and you never know if you helped or not.
Alot of people come to the boardswhen their brand new stuff have a problem. They do the research before going to dealer so they know if the dealer is stringing them along and to know what to expect from the service department. It would be nice to find out the out come. What all they tried that did'nt work and might have caused other problems.
This is JMHO.

/ Why Don't You Guys Finish What You Start? #49  
Exiled,

Good point. I agree that it's nice to read what the final solution was that fixed the problem. It's sad that people don't think twice about asking for help, but don't have the courtesy to thank the poster who gave them the solution to their question.

Eddie

/ Why Don't You Guys Finish What You Start? #50