Why I hate ST trailer tires

/ Why I hate ST trailer tires #21  
Max pressure on the side of the tire is 40 psi . Checked it when I got back , still had 35 psi .

I have never seen a ST tire less than 50 psi. You sure they were trailer tires?

Chris

/ Why I hate ST trailer tires #22  
   / Why I hate ST trailer tires #23  

All Load Range "B"... Personally, I would not put Load Range "B" tires on a garden cart, much less a trailer that travels on public roadways.

That 13" only rated for 1100 lbs. Our little 17' Hybrid camper got new bias ply tires this month. 185/80D13 8 ply, 1710 lb @ 65 psi. I think 13" tires are a joke anyway, but put about 500 miles on it two weekends ago. Preformed well.

Agreed on valves stems. Metal valve stems are always a good idea, regardless of PSI.

CT

/ Why I hate ST trailer tires #24  

These are not what I call trailer tires, and especially not suitable for the trailer the OP posted. 205/75/13 are the smallest trailer tires I would consider trailer tires and they are few and far between with 205/75/14 being the smallest you see 99% of the time on a trailer like the one pictured.

Chris

/ Why I hate ST trailer tires #25  
These are not what I call trailer tires, and especially not suitable for the trailer the OP posted. 205/75/13 are the smallest trailer tires I would consider trailer tires and they are few and far between with 205/75/14 being the smallest you see 99% of the time on a trailer like the one pictured.

Chris

Not starting a food fight. But did you mean ST205/75R15? I do not believe any mfg makes a 205/75/13... I believe 185/80/13 is the largest 13" trailer tire manufactured.

CT

/ Why I hate ST trailer tires #26  
Not starting a food fight. But did you mean ST205/75R15? I do not believe any mfg makes a 205/75/13... I believe 185/80/13 is the largest 13" trailer tire manufactured. CT

You are correct. I meant 185/80/13.

Chris

/ Why I hate ST trailer tires #27  
I enlarged the picture the OP posted.

I have questions...

1) It's a Uniroyal. Are Uniroyal's made in China?
2) Does Uniroyal make a ST tire? Website doesn't list trailer tires.
3) If its a 14"-15" ST tire, why only 35 PSI?

Go back to post #1. View the pictures again. Then re-read this post (#27).

I'm thinking this was not a Chinese ST tire. It was a Uniroyal, load range "C" (Rated at 35 psi) passenger tire on a trailer that failed. Wrong tire for the application. I can be wrong.

CT

/ Why I hate ST trailer tires #28  
Uniroyal tiger paws.

Wrong tire for the application.

/ Why I hate ST trailer tires #29  
I enlarged the picture the OP posted. I have questions... 1) It's a Uniroyal. Are Uniroyal's made in China? 2) Does Uniroyal make a ST tire? Website doesn't list trailer tires. 3) If its a 14"-15" ST tire, why only 35 PSI? Go back to post #1. View the pictures again. Then re-read this post (#27). I'm thinking this was not a Chinese ST tire. It was a Uniroyal, load range "C" (Rated at 35 psi) passenger tire on a trailer that failed. Wrong tire for the application. I can be wrong. CT

I have never seen a Uniroyal ST tire.

Chris

/ Why I hate ST trailer tires #30  
Michelin owns Uniroyal and (although things change all the time) they don't have much Chinese sourcing. A few years back Uniroyal LTs were recalled because of tread separation problems.