Why I hate ST trailer tires

/ Why I hate ST trailer tires #31  
ST tires should not be used at highway speeds. They are rated for 55 or 65 MPH top speed depending on the brand/model. When they go too fast the friction from the stiffer sidewalls cause them to overheat and blowout, just like if they are under inflated. If you are taking your trailer on the highway and travelling over 65 mph, get LT tires.

Before you blast me for this comment, look it up. I'm not making this up.
http://www.carlisletransportationproducts.com/cms_files/original/Trailer_Tires__Tips_Best_Practices.pdf
Tire Tech Information - Trailer Tires vs. Passenger Vehicle Tires

/ Why I hate ST trailer tires #32  
ST tires should not be used at highway speeds. They are rated for 55 or 65 MPH top speed depending on the brand/model. When they go too fast the friction from the stiffer sidewalls cause them to overheat and blowout, just like if they are under inflated. If you are taking your trailer on the highway and travelling over 65 mph, get LT tires.

Before you blast me for this comment, look it up. I'm not making this up.
http://www.carlisletransportationproducts.com/cms_files/original/Trailer_Tires__Tips_Best_Practices.pdf
Tire Tech Information - Trailer Tires vs. Passenger Vehicle Tires

Not blasting you here, but both links you posted say not to use LT tires on trailers. And 65mph is the industry standard for ST tires max tow speed, although some brands go up to 75 max.
Those links were interesting though. I didn't know ST tires were built that tough.

/ Why I hate ST trailer tires
Not blasting you here, but both links you posted say not to use LT tires on trailers. And 65mph is the industry standard for ST tires max tow speed, although some brands go up to 75 max.
Those links were interesting though. I didn't know ST tires were built that tough.

Because carlisle sells trailer tires . I have LT tires on all my heavy trailers especially my travel trailer ( manual even says LT tires are fine)

/ Why I hate ST trailer tires #34  
Because carlisle sells trailer tires . I have LT tires on all my heavy trailers especially my travel trailer ( manual even says LT tires are fine)
You're right. That Tire Rack link says LT or ST.
Did you verify what tire you were using on that trailer? Was it a Passenger tire or ST?

/ Why I hate ST trailer tires
It was definatly an st .

/ Why I hate ST trailer tires #36  
So it was a Uniroyal Tiger Paw ST, with a 40 lb max psi rating, and made in China? How old was it? I wonder if that was a tire they used to import but stopped years ago or something.

/ Why I hate ST trailer tires #37  
Changed my JUNK chinese trailer tires out this year on my 20ft.PJ trailer.I bought Maxxis M8008 10 ply tires.Had them balanced with metal valve stems.

Maxxis tires are chinese? There an arm of cheng shin tires who is the largest chinese tire company i beleive.

/ Why I hate ST trailer tires #38  
never heard of a Uniroyal Tiger paw trailer tire?

/ Why I hate ST trailer tires #39  
never heard of a Uniroyal Tiger paw trailer tire?

Go back to Post #27. I have already decoded the mystery of why the tire blew out.

It was a load range C (35-36 psi) Uniroyal Tiger Paw P tire... Not an ST. Uniroyal doesn't even make a ST tire.

CT

/ Why I hate ST trailer tires #40  
Go back to Post #27. I have already decoded the mystery of why the tire blew out. It was a load range C (35-36 psi) Uniroyal Tiger Paw P tire... Not an ST. Uniroyal doesn't even make a ST tire. CT

I agree. Never seen a Uniroyal trailer tire in 1000's of them I have dealt with.

Chris