Widest tiller a BX 24 type tractor could operate?

/ Widest tiller a BX 24 type tractor could operate? #21  
Jimmyp5 said:
...can all the 3 pt tillers be offset...

Hi Jimmy, welcome to the board. The answer is no. Depending on the width of the tractor, the width of the tiller, and the manner in which the tiller is centered or off-centered from the 3ph, a tiller might extend past the tire on one side, the other side, both sides, or neither side. Most tillers that I've seen are not able to adjust in terms of sliding left or right in relation to the 3ph. I believe I've heard of a few that can adjust like this, but all the models I've seen in person are fixed in one position. My BX is 42" wide and my Muratori tiller is 37" wide. The tiller is offset to the right a bit and comes close to tilling completely behind the right tire. The left tiretrack does not get tilled. By working from right to left, on the succeeding pass, I take the right wheel down the path taken by the left wheel on the previous pass.

/ Widest tiller a BX 24 type tractor could operate? #22  
Jimmyp5 said:
A follow up question from a real newbee... can all the 3 pt tillers be offset to cover tire tracks? I am looking to buy a B40C tiller, the one recommended by Kubota. I would like to off set in the garden, but center till now the rows of grape vines.
I would just go with a 48'' cause it will will cover both rear wheels.:cool:

/ Widest tiller a BX 24 type tractor could operate? #23  
LBrown59 said:
I would just go with a 48'' cause it will will cover both rear wheels.:cool:

The 48" KK tiller is offset and will NOT cover both tire tracks on a BX;)

/ Widest tiller a BX 24 type tractor could operate? #24  
jcpwrsprt said:
The 48" KK tiller is offset and will NOT cover both tire tracks on a BX;)
That's odd I have a 48'' KK on my BX 1500.
It's not off set and it does cover both tire tracks.
Now you do have me quite :confused:

/ Widest tiller a BX 24 type tractor could operate? #25  
LBrown59 said:

Do you have the TG48 (Yellow) tiller, or the XB series (orange/red)

/ Widest tiller a BX 24 type tractor could operate? #26  
LBrown59 said:

Show a picture of your tiller, and I'll tell you which one you have :D

/ Widest tiller a BX 24 type tractor could operate? #27  
jcpwrsprt said:
Do you have the TG48 (Yellow) tiller, or the XB series (orange/red)
What color do you want it to be? I'm sure LBrown59 will have the right one and if not he will go out and buy the right one at for $400.00 or less.

/ Widest tiller a BX 24 type tractor could operate? #29  
LBrown59 said:
Mine is an orange tc 48 xb 0

The XB is the Light/Med Duty tiller with the modified CAT1 hitch design (20" center on pins) vs 26" for standard CAT1 This tiller may not be offset. I looked at this tiller when shopping and IMO is built much lighter than the TG48. In addition, the XB is chain drive vs gear drive on the TG KKII

The Heavy Duty (Yellow) TG48 KKII tiller is offset and as stated previously - will not cover both tire tracks completely behind a BX

/ Widest tiller a BX 24 type tractor could operate? #30  
Hi everyone and thanks for all the input... I ended up with a Kubota FL850 which will offset 4" either way according to the operators manual. Yes, the guy had the orginal manual! And thanks to everyone I now have a part manual down loaded too!

I am going to drain the oil and service it before putting it to work... it was a very clean well for a tiller, tines are in great shape. Heck for $550, figured I could not go wrong. Another winter project to get started on.

Once more thanks!!