Widest tiller a BX 24 type tractor could operate?

/ Widest tiller a BX 24 type tractor could operate? #31  
jcpwrsprt said:
The XB is the Light/Med Duty tiller with the modified CAT1 hitch design (20" center on pins) vs 26" for standard CAT1 This tiller may not be offset. I looked at this tiller when shopping and IMO is built much lighter than the TG48. In addition, the XB is chain drive vs gear drive on the TG KKII

The Heavy Duty (Yellow) TG48 KKII tiller is offset and as stated previously - will not cover both tire tracks completely behind a BX
Would be nice if they offered both models both ways.

/ Widest tiller a BX 24 type tractor could operate? #32  
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~'\
KK 48" tiller on my BX1500 does great.

Put a 5' on one tractor and a 6' one on another tractor and have the best of both worlds.

lots of BX tractors on here with 48'' tillers and 48'' brush hogs and haven't heard any complaints of tractor damage or excess wear from anybody.
I suspect that volume of use has more to do with that than tiller width.
I won't be operating mine 25/8 so hain't concerned with that issue in the least.

My Cub Cadet Garden tractor has a 30 '' tiller
If a Kubota BX24 can only handle 2 inches more tiller than a garden tractor maybe I better put my BX23 up for sale instead of the Cub Cadet.

AMR john_bud lp333 Bill Shenefelt said:
I have a KK 48" tiller on my BX23 and absolutely love it.

For many first pass situations, it's good that the tiller is only 5' wide, but for most 2nd pass or second season situations, a 6' would speed up the operation.

If you take a look at the Implement Limitations section of the BX24 Owner's Manual, it recommends a maximum tiller cutting width of 42" and a maximum tiller weight of 375 lbs.
It is always possible to operate a BX24 beyond those limits; in doing so however, one would normally expect premature wear and repairs.

I also have a Kubota BX24. I am looking at two tillers. Both are sold by Agri Supply and are Caroni brand. One is a 32 inch and the other a 48 inch. The 48 is 6 inches and 27 pounds over the Max size recommended in the Kubota manual for the BX24.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

/ Widest tiller a BX 24 type tractor could operate? #33  
I have a BX 24 with a Tractor Supply BX 48 " rear tiller and it workd great. I only run about 2100 rpm and sometimes that is to fast I think you could handle a 60 " without any problem.

/ Widest tiller a BX 24 type tractor could operate? #34  
How does everyone handle the PTO shaft, adjustment. The 3 point is so short on the BX24, I don't seem to get the full tiller range?

/ Widest tiller a BX 24 type tractor could operate? #36  
How does everyone handle the PTO shaft, adjustment. The 3 point is so short on the BX24, I don't seem to get the full tiller range?
I use a 48'' KK tiller on my BX1500 with out issue .
I asume it would work the same on my BX23