Windows XP Going Away April 8th What to do?

/ Windows XP Going Away April 8th What to do? #11  
I'm an XP guy from it's conception (work mostly had every other OS at home)
my wife bought me a new laptop for at home and it has 8.1
I like it a lot and never use the touch screen options
I thought it would take longer to learn but was able to catch on in little time
In the 2 months I've had it it has never crashed or even slowed down or sputtered
got to say if I would have known it would be this easy I would have upgraded long ago

/ Windows XP Going Away April 8th What to do? #12  
I'm told that Microsoft will no longer provide support for Windows XP after April 8th, 2014. The following article discusses some options; but from what I hear about Windows 8.1, I don't think I want that, but I don't know anything about Windows 7. Not sure I'm ready for a Mac, but we'll see. Any thoughts anyone?

Protect Your PC After Windows XP Support Ends in April

Micro/Soft is going to release another Win8.1 total upgrade soon to make more like Win 7. separate the tablet and computer based programing. So will be called 8.1.1
ken

/ Windows XP Going Away April 8th What to do? #13  
WINDOWS Offered Support????

Who knew?

/ Windows XP Going Away April 8th What to do? #14  
Having an Operating System fall off support is no big deal. The bigger issue is related to the applications you run. You will find it difficult to maintain useability of your old system.

I've been on Win8 for quite a while. It runs alright but I can't say that I'm a fan. My personal recommendation is Windows 7. It was an excellent system and will be supported for several more years.

/ Windows XP Going Away April 8th What to do?
It is time to move on.

Is Windows 7 anything like XP, as far as the user is concerned? I'm sure it is a better piece of software, but I hate to get into something that I will have to learn all over again. If that's the case, I probably will go to a MAC.

/ Windows XP Going Away April 8th What to do? #17  
Is Windows 7 anything like XP, as far as the user is concerned? I'm sure it is a better piece of software, but I hate to get into something that I will have to learn all over again. If that's the case, I probably will go to a MAC.
Very easy ,you will have no problem with Windows 7

/ Windows XP Going Away April 8th What to do? #19  
I went from XP to Vista and have had more problems with Vista. I have now just ordered Win 7 Home Premium and hope to get it installed as soon it arrives. The Win 7 (with DVD) cost around $80.00 on line (Leximart) - a lot cheaper than when it first came out. Supposedly, Win 7 can be installed and will accept both Vista and XP files without problems. Someone please correct me if I am wrong.
I also looked at going to Win 8.1, but found the Vista files could not be used - and I have got lots of them. So, to cut back on endless work I went with Win 7.
Many people I know that use Win 7 say they really like it.

/ Windows XP Going Away April 8th What to do? #20  
who cares. i havnt updated my xp computers for several years anyways. everytime i did an update i had some type of systems failure. I run a program called sandboxie that creates a virtual hard drive in the computer. with this program it is 100% impossible to get a virus installed...much less malware. Ive been running it for years....never a single issue.

the xp is on a computer that runs propitiatory cutting software that isnt win 7 compatible, so i have to keep it. Personally i like win7 alot more than xp Some day ill have to pay for the system software upgrade and swap everything over....but its over $3,500 for the software.

and i HATE touch screens....everyone i use is all greasy and smudged.

I run windows 8 here and no touch screen here,,