Worst Words you Want Too Hear

/ Worst Words you Want Too Hear #21  
   / Worst Words you Want Too Hear #22  
Scotty,
it was that sand, the surf, the breeze down in cabo,
got to my head (maybe a few margaritas too).... knowing i had to
come back to sub zero nights

can you believe i had to beg her to take a walk on the
beach that night? maybe that was a sign?!

oi

/ Worst Words you Want Too Hear
Dang shoes today! Wife picked up the dress today too. It is a cheap dress compared to many students who buy $500.00 dresses for one time use!

mark

/ Worst Words you Want Too Hear #24  
She was picked to have her photos posted in the mall... not the usual pictures that my son had a few years ago. He didn't get a class ring also, I did and never wore it, my sister did and never wore it... Class rings are big money now days when we can not afford it! Kid is not going to enter her senior year in debt for a class ring but thats what the co. want! Get the parent to sign and you'r on the hook!

mark

Yep, I raised two daughters. I've forgotten what the class rings cost, but I remember nearly fainting when they told me how much. When I graduated from high school, it was customary for the senior class to vote on a ring style and everyone got the same basic style. However, we were informed that the class a year ahead of us had voted for a 5 year contract so our only choice was take it or leave it. They were pretty cheap, I guess, but seemed like a lot of money to me at the time. By the time my daughters graduated, each individual picked out his/her own ring style.

I wore my class ring for about 7.5 years. But on December 29, 1965, I had it on my right hand and a wedding band on my left hand when my partner crashed our car into a tree. Thank goodness, someone at the hospital took my rings off that night before the swelling got a good start, but I had enough swelling in both hands from hitting the dash that I couldn't get those rings back on for over a month. But once I was able to get them back on, I decided it was time for me to quit wearing rings and I haven't had one on since.

That was a decision that may have saved me a lot of money.:D When I graduated from Northwestern University Traffic Institute, Balfour was there to sell class rings at big prices, and when I graduated from the FBI National Academy, Balfour was there to sell even more expensive class rings. I passed on both.:D

/ Worst Words you Want Too Hear #25  
2 daughters and a son..... The WORST words you can hear can also be the BEST words you can hear. Been both sides of that fence..

Dad? I'd like you to meet__________! We're gonna get married! (fill in the blank w/name of latest boy/girlfriend)

/ Worst Words you Want Too Hear #26  
My wife of only 9 months hit me with the When are you wanting to have a baby. I almost choked todeath on the swig of beer. Her mother has been throwing the pressure on her. Weve decided to only try after the economy picks up a bit. I never did the class ring thing I saw older kids in high school with them and they looked tacky I got held out of votech one day becausethe balfour man was there that day peddling them. I miffedh im off when he handed out brochures and I wouldnt have one, I didnt want to look like a rinestoned pimp. I took that 450 and bought my first welder and torch set brand new. When Amy and I got married her mother and dad couldnt afford a big wedding Amy and I rented my tux and her dress and had a big wedding for around 1250 dollars. Amy has a friend that spend 12000 on there wedding and couldnt afford it I think that all the things in school and events can over spend parents dearly. In school with dad being an operator and roadwork stops in the winter and mom in school at the time I didnt think I shoud burden my parents with this. They did provide my car insurance and my clothes.

/ Worst Words you Want Too Hear #27  
A friend of mine just heard the worst words he did not want to hear last week. His 19 year old daughter came in and told him she was 6 months pregnant.. I saw him 5 days later (this past weekend) and he was still livid. He's already overweight and has high blood pressure. I told him there's nothing he can do now and he better calm down before he has a stroke. I had never seen him so red and upset. I told him the best thing to do was calm down and look forward to becoming a grandpa for the first time.

/ Worst Words you Want Too Hear #28  
My wife of only 9 months hit me with the When are you wanting to have a baby. I almost choked todeath on the swig of beer. Her mother has been throwing the pressure on her. Weve decided to only try after the economy picks up a bit. I never did the class ring thing I saw older kids in high school with them and they looked tacky I got held out of votech one day becausethe balfour man was there that day peddling them. I miffedh im off when he handed out brochures and I wouldnt have one, I didnt want to look like a rinestoned pimp. I took that 450 and bought my first welder and torch set brand new. When Amy and I got married her mother and dad couldnt afford a big wedding Amy and I rented my tux and her dress and had a big wedding for around 1250 dollars. Amy has a friend that spend 12000 on there wedding and couldnt afford it I think that all the things in school and events can over spend parents dearly. In school with dad being an operator and roadwork stops in the winter and mom in school at the time I didnt think I shoud burden my parents with this. They did provide my car insurance and my clothes.

You are wise beyond your years, my young friend! :)

My wife and I dated a very long time before we got married. Then we waited to have children until we could afford to do for them the things we wanted to. We always paid as we went. That has gotten us to a very comfortable place in these tough times.

By the way, when we bought our house in 1985 we paid 3 points to get the interest rate down to 12.5%. :eek:

/ Worst Words you Want Too Hear #29  
My kids can have anything they want. They have to pay for it. They can save their allowance and work for it if they want it. I did spend $2000 on my daughter's wedding. I gave them the difference as a wedding present. They needed the money (both still in grad school) a lot more than they needed an expensive wedding. The wedding was still very nice and was held in our front yard. If what you do for your kids makes them more independent then you did good. If it makes them more dependent then you did not so good. Let them manage their own resources as much as possible and they will grow up into better people.

/ Worst Words you Want Too Hear #30  
A friend of mine just heard the worst words he did not want to hear last week. His 19 year old daughter came in and told him she was 6 months pregnant.. I saw him 5 days later (this past weekend) and he was still livid. He's already overweight and has high blood pressure. I told him there's nothing he can do now and he better calm down before he has a stroke. I had never seen him so red and upset. I told him the best thing to do was calm down and look forward to becoming a grandpa for the first time.

Ouch!

Podunk