Yanmar 155D Right Front Axle Assembly

/ Yanmar 155D Right Front Axle Assembly #21  
You need to get more parts separated and out on the table.

/ Yanmar 155D Right Front Axle Assembly #22  
I agree. It doesn’t make sense. I see no trauma to any of the steering linkage or kingpin, which appears secure.
It doesn't necessarily have to be trauma. It could also be a loose bolt/nut or a wallowed out hole, or worn bolt.

Your report that a) the alignment does not stay, and b) that there was an especially free/loose section in the rotation makes me think of a worn or loose part.

All the best,

Peter

/ Yanmar 155D Right Front Axle Assembly #23  
Does the
Arm have a key way
Key can be good but arm could be worn
Put on ground and a steer it not running and look at arm and see if it moves but tire does not check both sides

/ Yanmar 155D Right Front Axle Assembly #24  
I'm still thinking the Tie Rod #60 and Yes it does Wooddruff Key #41. With Just one wheel moving. Not being able to see the Damaged or worn out Ball Joint from the Rubber boot etc. could be possible ?

/ Yanmar 155D Right Front Axle Assembly
Problem solved. I finally got back to this project. After all of my self-induced headache, it was indeed a worn woodruff key and/or worn slot in spindle and steering arm where the woodruff key goes. I had a wider woodruff key machined and all is now fine. I had no idea the tolerance had to be so tight.

Before originally tearing into this project I had read other articles where internal gears had sheared, and replacement gears were readily available. I think such pretext biased me in that direction, instead of the simpler solution. I now feel pretty confident in my ability to disassemble and reassemble the knuckle. As if I’ll be doing this on a monthly basis. Ha.

Harry in Ky, careyo63 and Dman1981 and others on the hunt were correct in their assessments about the keyway and slop. I led us all astray, and made a mountain out of a molehill. Regardless, I am sincerely thankful for everyone’s suggestions and help here. I hope someday to return the favor.

Dominick

Last edited: