Yanmar YM1500D & 1700 Tractors - Looking to purchase - Advice???

/ Yanmar YM1500D & 1700 Tractors - Looking to purchase - Advice???
Thanks everyone. It's better to get feedback on these things. When I asked him where he is located and for maintenance paperwork, I never received a response back. That tactic always works!

/ Yanmar YM1500D & 1700 Tractors - Looking to purchase - Advice??? #52  
SCAM! A guy contacted me to by my YM1700 from my recent Craigslist ad. He said he was too far away to come see it, but he would buy it sight unseen. He said he would send a cashiers check and then someone would come to pick it up for him. I responded that I was "glad he wanted to buy it" and that I "only accept cash." I didn't get any more response. SCAM!

/ Yanmar YM1500D & 1700 Tractors - Looking to purchase - Advice??? #53  
That 1050 JD is a solid machine and you can walk right up to it and drive it you wont be sorry and the BH will come in handy in ways you dont even know about yet.

/ Yanmar YM1500D & 1700 Tractors - Looking to purchase - Advice???
I am going to look at it tomorrow afternoon. Hopefully we'll work out a deal!

/ Yanmar YM1500D & 1700 Tractors - Looking to purchase - Advice??? #55  
Hey also keep in mind thats a solid american tractor. If its what you want and is in good mecanical shape buy it, its worth it i think. Its heavier than modern JD or kubotas and therefore will do work they wont. Also dont let $500 (if thats what yall are apart)keep you from getting a deal you been loooking for and that we all say is a good one we feel.

/ Yanmar YM1500D & 1700 Tractors - Looking to purchase - Advice??? #56  
   / Yanmar YM1500D & 1700 Tractors - Looking to purchase - Advice??? #57  
What do you mean ?? That's got a 3810 yanmar engine in it:laughing:

No doubt my kind of Tractor. It's as good as it gets :thumbsup:

/ Yanmar YM1500D & 1700 Tractors - Looking to purchase - Advice??? #58  
I kep thinking we was still talking about the 1020 that he showed in one of his threads. I caught myself mentioning "if its gas remembr the abount of fuel you use will be trremendous". Then caught myself and deleted it, forgot to delete that part as well? Oh well?

/ Yanmar YM1500D & 1700 Tractors - Looking to purchase - Advice??? #59  
I think he will like it a lot if its what suits the size of his operation its actually got a bigger engine in than mine the 1050 has a 3t90 and mine is a 3t84 w/3t90 head on it. Other than that they are nearly identical twins sitting side by side along with 3110 and 336 respectfully.

The HP ratings are different but thats Euro and SAE differences I presume? I think the 1050 should have better low end torque than mine which is considerable as is.

I am amazed at how good my low end is when put under a good load mowing a thick patch or tilling she just pours out more smoke and keeps on motivating w/o slowing down its gratifying compared to my old Massey Harris gasser mowing tractor. :)

/ Yanmar YM1500D & 1700 Tractors - Looking to purchase - Advice??? #60  
well did you buy it?